Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jatco RE5R05A

I thought, I would share a list of info for the Jatco RE5R05A
“Share the wealth of knowledge and go as fast as you can.”
Jatco RE5R05A
Sonnax Valve Body Parts
http://www.sonnax.com/tech-articles/TASC-TIP-12-09.pdf
Oversized Pressure Regulator Valve and Boost Valve Assembly
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-01K :: Part Summary
TCC Control Sleeve Assembly
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-05K :: Part Summary
Cooler Bypass Valve Kit
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-07K :: Part Summary
Reverse Boost Valve Kit, Late Style
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-09K :: Part Summary
Reverse Boost Valve Kit, Early Style
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-12K :: Part Summary
"A" or "B" Pilot Valve Kit
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-13K :: Part Summary
TC Regulator Kit
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-17K :: Part Summary
Accumulator Control Valve Kit
Sonnax Transmission, Torque Converter, Performance, Driveline Parts :: Transmission :: 63741-20K :: Part Summary
Sonnax Torque Converter & HP Converter
http://www.sonnax.com/part_finder.ph..._only_sc=false
Omega Machine & Tool Co
Automatic Bushings
http://www.omegamachine.com/html/RE5...ushing-kit.htm
TransGo
RE5RO5A-HD2 REPROGRAMMING KIT High Performance
Nissan Reprogramming Kits
Transtar Industries, Inc.
Torque Converter Catalog
Pg 121 DA60
Transtar Industries, Inc. - Transmission Parts - Catalogs
Valve Body Manual
Pg 87, 88
Transtar Industries, Inc. - Transmission Parts - Catalogs
AT Catalog
Nissan Catalog Pg 484
http://www.transtar1.com/catView.asp...444&strIDS=444
Valve Body Xpress
VBX-Guaranteed Remanufactured Valve Bodies
Alto Products Corp.
Alto Catalogs-- AltoUSA.com
.Save file
http://www.altousa.com/pdf/catalogs/oeiCatalog.pdf
http://www.altousa.com/pdf/catalogs/hiperfCatalog.pdf
http://www.altousa.com/pdf/catalogs/hiperfCatalog.pdf
http://www.altousa.com/np136.pdf
http://www.altousa.com/np127.pdf
http://www.altousa.com/np153.pdf

A good place to start is the TransGo RE5RO5A-HD2 REPROGRAMMING KIT. This kit will improve your shift tremendously. If anyone has the misfortune in burning up there transmission, then consider using an upgraded rebuild kit.

Alto 174758 Case Saver for the Nissan RE5R05A: B1 Reverse Brake Case Saver Kit 03+
The spline of steel separator plates can work back and forth to permanently damage the case, causing delayed engagement and ATF metal contamination. Alto Case Savers not only prevent this from happening again but allow reuse of the damaged case.
Alto OEI Original Equipment Improvement
Alto 174756 Input PowerPack Kit
Alto 174757 Direct PowerPack Kit
Install these PowerPacks to increase the six friction drum to seven or the seven friction drum to eight in the Input drum. For the Direct drum increase the five friction drum to seven or the six friction drum to eight frictions. This increased surface capacity will better handle heavy duty or hi-performance applications.
Side Note: These kits are made up of RED EAGLE Clutches and KOLENE Steel Clutches.
174903HPPWR-SK Hi Performance
Includes the OEI 174756 and 174757 PowerPack Kits and replaces the other stock clutch packs with RED EAGLE Friction Clutches and KOLENE Steel Clutches.
To sum it up:
TransGo RE5RO5A-HD2
Alto 174758 Case Saver
Alto 174903HPPWR-SK Super Hi Performance
If you need to rebuild your Torque Converter
Alto 174782 Torque Converter
With everything else listed you will be able to replace any part necessary.
God Bless and good luck.
Tommy

PS I found a source where we can get the TransGo RE5RO5A-HD2 for 219.90 plus shipping pm me

MODS:
PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Throttle Body Intercooler, Custom Ram Air, Custom 160 degrees Thermostat, Custom CAI, Nismo Headers, Custom B-Pipe NO Cats in line, NO Simulators NO codes LOL, Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust, Custom UpRev Tune, Flex-a-Lite 27 Electric Puller Fan #295, Jim Wolf Technologies Camshafts, Detroit TruTrac LSD, WRP Pulley Removed, NOS, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THRUST_TITAN For This Useful Post:
NissanPowerBaby!!! (02-03-2010), shinermiller (02-02-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just an FYI for the auto guys, the transgo kit has been reported to be a great upgrade from both the Z/G and Titan owners.

Some Titan members have also done the install themselves so it can be done in the driveway/garage but you just have to be confident in your skills to drill some holes and to use a pick to remove/replace some small parts.

07 SE CC Auto
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
LevelTen had them build my tranny in my z after i destroyed it after only 3 days of being twin turbo and their products worked amazingly.

07 Red Alert Frontier SE KC Auto: Nismo CAI, Custom 3in exhaust w/ flowmaster and 4in Silverline tip (3in from the y all the way back), BFG Rugged Trails, Python 990 Alarm w/ remote start and 1 mile range, ABS Bypass Switch, Front facing child seat.
08 Red Alert Xterra SE Auto: Stock
2011 Sentra SE-R Spec V 6 speed: Stock
92 240sx 5 speed: Stock for now

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
yeah i lurk around tt and a LOT of titan guys love this transgo.

something that will be done with my trans, along with some other goodies.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Shift_Fanatic

That reprogramming kit sounds tempting! Sorry if this is off topic, but arent you the guy who designed project giant mouth?

08 se Black 4x4
Exterior: Black Halo Projectors, Black Bullbar, Black Side Steps, Smoked LED Cargo, Black Rims, Chrome Tailgate, HID6500k Lo, HID8000k Hi, Black Visors, CF Billet Grill, Angel Fog Lights, 20% Front, 7% Rear
Performance: TBS, TB Mesh & Bypass, Uprev, Injen CAI, DT LT Headers, Grounding Kit, Crank, B-pipes, IMS
Interior: Red LED Underdash, Red LED Vents, Red LED Cupholders, Garmin 750 w/Lighted Red LED Dash Mount, AVH-P4100DVD, Reverse Cam, Red LED Dome/Map Lights, Red Gauge Cluster, Red Window/Locks, Red Gear Selector Light, Red Mirror Control/Cargo Light Switch, Red 4X4 Selector, Red A/C Controls, Red LED Rear Cupholders, Music/Light Sync, Partial Reverse LCD Screens, Boost/AFR gauge, Black Dash, Custom Carbon Carputer

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 959frontier View Post
That reprogramming kit sounds tempting! Sorry if this is off topic, but arent you the guy who designed project giant mouth?
Wow, I’m impressed you have done your homework. Yes I’m the one who designed the PGM 90mm TB. Thanks for noticing.

MODS:
PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Throttle Body Intercooler, Custom Ram Air, Custom 160 degrees Thermostat, Custom CAI, Nismo Headers, Custom B-Pipe NO Cats in line, NO Simulators NO codes LOL, Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust, Custom UpRev Tune, Flex-a-Lite 27 Electric Puller Fan #295, Jim Wolf Technologies Camshafts, Detroit TruTrac LSD, WRP Pulley Removed, NOS, lol
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Was looking for info on our tranny and stumbled across this over on ClubTitan
Nissan Transmission JATCO RE5R05A THANKS to RBsTitan
Good reading for those of you so inclined to actually work on the guts of your tranny!

One other thing I came across all in the service manual (2005-6), pg GI-47.
All models EXCEPT the LE use the RE5R05A, the LE uses the RE5R05E. Anyone know the difference?
I assume more "luxurious" shift points

Mike
click below to go to my Garage for details on my mods
Current Frontier - 2006 Avalanche SE CC 4x2 Automatic

OLD Frontier - 2001 Black XE King Cab 4 banger

Last edited by micl9; 08-28-2010 at 09:09 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRUST_TITAN View Post
Wow, I’m impressed you have done your homework. Yes I’m the one who designed the PGM 90mm TB. Thanks for noticing.
Is that PGM unit still available for Titan guys? What all went into that project?

2005 Frontier Crew Cab SE 4x4 AT

Performance: Stillen supercharger kit, 550cc injectors, Volant cold air intake, DT long tube headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, UpRev

Suspension: Titan swap, TC upper arms, M205 front diff, Radflo 2.5" coilovers, Deaver 10 leaf spring pack, PRG shackles, PRG Bilstein shocks, Cooper STT 285/75/16, rear axle breather, 4.10 gears, Truetrac, PRG trans mount

Interior: Infinity Kappa speaker, Alpine INE-S920HD navigation, Pathfinder center console

Exterior: Calmini front bumper

Appearance: Stillen battery tie down, Optima Yellow Top battery, NISMO oil cap, NISMO radiator caps, de-badged tailgate, relocated hitch plug, blacked out grill, 2012+ headlights

Coming Soon: Titan brakes, wheels, and VK!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandToy05 View Post
Is that PGM unit still available for Titan guys? What all went into that project?
PGM is no long in production. A few units pop up for sale during the year but they are quite expensive.

For what I have seen, they had to machine an adapter plate and then they had to do some kind of circuit card or something to adapt the drive by wire to work with the GM TB.

There is susposed to be another company looking into a large TB for the Titans. I believe it is an 87 thou, not a 90.

07 SE CC Auto
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie2003 View Post
PGM is no long in production. A few units pop up for sale during the year but they are quite expensive.

For what I have seen, they had to machine an adapter plate and then they had to do some kind of circuit card or something to adapt the drive by wire to work with the GM TB.

There is susposed to be another company looking into a large TB for the Titans. I believe it is an 87 thou, not a 90.
Did they see meaningful gains from it? It seems like a good product, I wonder why they decided to discontinue. Probably just not enough serious buyers... like most of the other expensive products for our trucks .

2005 Frontier Crew Cab SE 4x4 AT

Performance: Stillen supercharger kit, 550cc injectors, Volant cold air intake, DT long tube headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, UpRev

Suspension: Titan swap, TC upper arms, M205 front diff, Radflo 2.5" coilovers, Deaver 10 leaf spring pack, PRG shackles, PRG Bilstein shocks, Cooper STT 285/75/16, rear axle breather, 4.10 gears, Truetrac, PRG trans mount

Interior: Infinity Kappa speaker, Alpine INE-S920HD navigation, Pathfinder center console

Exterior: Calmini front bumper

Appearance: Stillen battery tie down, Optima Yellow Top battery, NISMO oil cap, NISMO radiator caps, de-badged tailgate, relocated hitch plug, blacked out grill, 2012+ headlights

Coming Soon: Titan brakes, wheels, and VK!

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.