Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Here's my dual exhaust (2011 Crewcab)

5K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  ohms139 
#1 · (Edited)
I just had the work done this morning at a shop who does custom exhausts. The guy did a great job with all the fabrication and it was amazing to watch him work. I'll put up a video soon ::smile::

I got dual Magnaflow Glasspacks and Magnaflow #35117 stainless steel exhaust tips. He fabbed the pipes using 1 1/2's for each exhaust since the stocks single pipe was roughly 2 1/4". For those of you who have been asking me, the Y-pipe was removed. As far as I know this is a true dual exhaust fab.

New video from 2/28/15

See less See more
#3 ·
Please follow through with a video of revving it at different rpms and under load taking off and a pass by would be sweet. I have pretty much the same truck and was thinking of doing basically what you just did with cherry bomb extremes but yours looks great and the glass packs may fit better under there. It looks like you even have the same tires, are they good up there? They never let me down here on the beach, mud, or damn near vertical climbs on the Brazos riverbank.

#6 · (Edited)
I will be posting a video shortly and yes the tires do fine up here in NYC.

What's in front of the glasspacks? Do you still have the cats? Is it dual all the way to the manifolds. You didn't say what you thought of the sound or feel. You lost a little bit (less than 1/2" if I did the math right) in cross sectional area but I would still think it would sound and breathe better.
Yes the cats are still in there. I didn't want to do a hardcore modification like that which would cause major headaches later on if I wanted to get rid of my truck (which I doubt I will).

I think it is dual all the way to the manifolds. From what I saw underneath from when it was on the lift, it looks like there are two separate tubes going all the way into the engine block from cat forward.

I do definitely feel the performance gain as it picks up in the mid with a much smooth transition, the sounds I can live with. I was expecting more of a lower tone but seeing how it's not a V8 I'm not surprised. I like the idle and acceleration growl but the constant rumble with my foot on the gas will take some getting used to.

#5 ·
What's in front of the glasspacks? Do you still have the cats? Is it dual all the way to the manifolds. You didn't say what you thought of the sound or feel. You lost a little bit (less than 1/2" if I did the math right) in cross sectional area but I would still think it would sound and breathe better.

#10 ·
V6

Does anyone know where the last O2 sensor(s) is/are in a stock Gen 2 V6 exhaust system? Is it/are they after the rear cat and therefore in the pipe b/tw the rear cat and the Y-pipe?

Also, does anyone know the stock piping sizes:
1) pipes from after rear cats to Y-pipe
2) pipe after Y-pipe to muffler
3) tailpipe from muffler to end

TIA

#20 ·
Open your mouth, stick out your tongue and say aaaahhhhhhhhhh. That's the sound that exhaust drone makes. It drones out pretty much everything else sound wise. It can also cause some nasty vibrations with interior panels if it's bad enough.

#16 ·
Do you like sound of your exhaust?If you do than don't worry about it.

#18 ·
It means a continuous note or chord.Had to look it up.Some people find that at a certain speed the exhaust sound is irritating.If it doesn't bother you,your fine.

#21 ·
...or plug both your ears and hum to yourself.

Drone can permeate...and irritate.

#24 ·
Definitely not a sound I like, revving in the parking spot. just sounds like wind noise in the driving vid. pull the cam inside the cab with the windows down or something to get it out of the direct airstream.

#29 ·
I'd agree with that. I hate that snappy/poppy/raspy/baseball-card-in-the-bike-wheel sound. If you like it, awesome, you're the one that has to drive around with it::grin::

Now that you've had it a bit, noticed any difference in power or MPG?

#30 ·
It's odd because it normally does not have that snapping and popping noise. I'll have to crawl under and give the exhaust a once over.

As for the difference in power... After driving with the new CAI and custom exhaust for approximately 2 1/2 weeks and the placebo effect gone. I can say with confidence that my mid shifting at 3500-4000 RPMs is amazing, no more sluggishness. And of course the MPG has gone down because I wasn't to hear my exhaust screaming and my CAI sucking in that cold air. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.