Custom Exhaust - '05 CC - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Shift_Newbie
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Custom Exhaust - '05 CC

First post.
Hey everyone. Looking for an exhaust for my 05' Frontier LE (4.0L) Crew Cab. Looking for something that will sound throaty, not "tingy". I know that my 6-banger Frontier will not have the same octave as my 5.7L Tundra, but I'm needing something that won't sound like a riced out civic (no-offense or prejudice intended).

Might replace both cats, but only if it WONT make it sound obnoxious. Heads as well.

Was thinking the Banks Monster kit, or might piece together my own. 2.5 Duel 2.5 inlet, 3.0 out.

Budget $1000ish (USD) (Exhaust only)

- Sibs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to invasion08
I have a Gibson SS Catback on my 2011 CCLB and I love it. I got it for $430 shipped

PRG Basic Suspension Package
XTP IMS, Gibson Exhaust, Airaid Intake, UpRev Tuned
N-Fab Nerf Bars, Bakflip G2, Line X Bed Liner
#3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Banned
Shift_Obsessed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoomzoom For This Useful Post:
goody (01-25-2013), swampymedic89 (01-29-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Shift_Newbie
Premium Member

Zoom,
I notice you post a lot of the same .gifs or variants of them with no real content or contribution. Kudos.

Now I have the feeling you posted that thinking I did no real reading of the stickied threads. I did. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I'm looking to piece together a custom CB exhaust.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frotan For This Useful Post:
swampymedic89 (01-29-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Re: Custom Exhaust - '05 CC

I have a Banks exhaust and love it. Sounds deep and throaty, a nice rumble at higher speeds. I would recommend getting that ($550, I think), a CAI, and getting the truck uprev dyno tuned. The exhaust causes a loss of low end torque because the 3" piping is huge for a 4.0L truck, and a dyno tune will get that torque back and much more.

There are sound clips on YouTube, and I have sound clips somewhere in my build thread

Sent from my Nexus 7

2006 Nissan Frontier 4x4 CC [Build]

Radflo 2.0 Standard Travel coilovers, Radflo 2.0 Emulsion rear shocks, Alcan 1" Leaf Springs, ShrockWorks Front bumper, ShrockWorks rear bumper, ShrockWorks Skids, H1 5000K Retrofitted Projectors, PIAA Fog lights, Banks Monster Exhaust system, 20x8.5 MB Motoring Gunner 6 AM wheels, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60-20 tires, StopTech Power Slot cryo treated Rotors, Hawk LTS brake pads, Boyo front view, rear view, undercarriage cameras, 20% tint.

2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i

Completely stock...for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrontierNation3 For This Useful Post:
Frotan (01-24-2013)
#6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Shift_Newbie
Premium Member

Thanks you FN3, thats the kind of answers I appreciate.
I have an AEM Brute Force CAI, Airaid TB spacer, and an IMS kit in the garage. I'll need to look into the uprev dyno.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
another vote for banks

i love my banks exhaust also. nice deep sound from my v6. i didnt want my truck to sound like a late '90s grand prix. i wanted it to sound like a truck. i love the tip that has 'banks' embossed in it. and that it is welded on, not clamped. i love that the shiny muffler peeks out from under the frame.

fair warning though, i needed to cut the tailpipe behind the rear axle to install my rear shackle lift. it crosses under the leaf spring on my king cab. this might not be the case on a crew cab. maybe someone with a cc can clear this up. even if it does cross and you want a lift, there are other ways besides shackles to gain a few inches.(dosent everyone want 2 more inches?)

an open pipe under the bed might not matter to some people. im going to order some 3" stainless to re-route my exhaust out a little farther back, between the leaf pack and the trailer hitch.

2007 nismo kc 6m. stock intake w k&n drop in filter, cxj ims, hypertech max energy, banks exhaust, jim wolf tech lightweight flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, tjm md extended travel coilovers, tjm hd raised leaf packs and extended travel rear shocks, toyo open country at2 265/75r16, shrock skids (engine, trans, t-case, gas) kicker 5ch. amp, pioneer 6x9" and 6-1/2", rockford fosgate 12" sub in a sealed box, aluminum utility cap, auto ventshade ventvisors, weathertech floor liners, coverking seat covers.

on its way; motorsport-tech 1 1/4" wheel spacers.

short term; oem nissan cam bolts(in hand, still to install), white knuckle sliders, ucas, 1" coil spacers.

long term; bumpers, mt tires(when the at's wear out)
#8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frotan View Post
Thanks you FN3, thats the kind of answers I appreciate.
I have an AEM Brute Force CAI, Airaid TB spacer, and an IMS kit in the garage. I'll need to look into the uprev dyno.
No problem Frotan. Don't mind zoomzoom, he's a bit slow minded and so doesn't think much.

Also, adding LT headers and b-pipes will definitely make it sound more raspy, and very loud and obnoxious. I believe "jhughes" had this set up about a year ago and I asked him about it. He said it was very loud and I think he switched out the exhaust, maybe. My memory is a bit foggy on that. I would definitely look into the uprev dyno tune. It will really wake your truck up and give it life.

Let me know if you have any questions or need sound clips, pictures, etc. Always willing to help.

2006 Nissan Frontier 4x4 CC [Build]

Radflo 2.0 Standard Travel coilovers, Radflo 2.0 Emulsion rear shocks, Alcan 1" Leaf Springs, ShrockWorks Front bumper, ShrockWorks rear bumper, ShrockWorks Skids, H1 5000K Retrofitted Projectors, PIAA Fog lights, Banks Monster Exhaust system, 20x8.5 MB Motoring Gunner 6 AM wheels, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60-20 tires, StopTech Power Slot cryo treated Rotors, Hawk LTS brake pads, Boyo front view, rear view, undercarriage cameras, 20% tint.

2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i

Completely stock...for now.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are you thinking about a single outlet in the stock location? On my previous full-size trucks, I always had duals coming out from under the rear bumper. I've seen these on Frontiers and not sure its my taste. As much as I dislike Dodge products, their 1500 Ram rear bumper with the cut-outs from the factory is pretty sick. I've kicked around something similar but don't have a spare bumper to cut up screw with. Probably for the best.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Shift_Newbie
Premium Member

I won't be lifting it any higher than I have it. Running King 3.0 Remote Res shocks on all four corners with Durun Grabber MTs on Method Racing Rims. I all ready know ill need to chop the exhaust a bit...

Thanks so far, everyone

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.