Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1st gen headers

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Full Throttle 
#1 ·
So some of you may or may not have seen my post in my build thread or my post in the 1st gen section, but back in October I had Doug Thorley headers put on my first gen. Best mod by far, along with the K&N intake and my Magnaflow exhaust, truck sounded and performed much better. Today I had a custom y pipe put on along with 2.25 inch exhaust to the 2.5 inch Magnaflow exhaust to maximize the headers and the overall performance of the vg33. Truck sounds good and performs even better. My bank 1 o2 sensor has failed and need to replace it and it is hindering engine performance so I honestly don't know how well the truck will perform until then. The weather was crappy when I got home so no pics today. Maybe tomorrow and definitely the weekend I'll snap pics of the what the system looks like. Thanks!

#3 ·
Hey, the headers were $450 on 4x4parts.com, and well I had a shop install them since I don't have the time or the tools to do so. Labor for that was extremely high, about $650 for labor. I had them on now since October of 2013 and they are starting to get surface rust, I blame that from the harsh winter we had this year and all the road salt that was used. Here are some video clips and pics. BTW I have an upgraded y pipe and high flow cats, so that made the exhaust louder as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWCPWRTAWOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6FLT0mDomQ

[/URL]

#5 ·
I bought a universal y pipe from magnaflow and had a shop custom bend and weld the rest of the piping and the high flow cats in place. The high flow cats are Thunderbolt metallic spun cats. If you go headers might as well upgrade the y pipe as well being that it is so small. I had a faulty o2 code a few months back, I then ran a bottle of Amsoil fuel cleaner through it and the code went away. Was it from the fuel cleaner? I honestly don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.