Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05+ Aftermarket Intakes Thread

Airaid Quickfit System
Link: http://www.airaid.com/520-188_nissan.asp
Price: $170 shipped from premiertruckaccesories.com or contact david@premiertruckaccesories.com
Claims 15HP and 12lb/ft
Notes: No removal of stock tube, replaces factory air box. Open air box style.

K&N Model 57-6014
Link: 57-6014 - K&N 57 Series FIPK, Performance Intake Kit
Price: $248.95 at autoanything.com(coupons are usually available for additional savings)
Claims 14.27 HP
Notes: Fully replaces stock intake housing and stock intake tube with plastic tube. Open air box style.

K&N Model 77-6014
Link: 77-6014KP - K&N Product # Not Found,
Price: $291.85 at younissanparts.com(A site sponsor!) use coupon code: clubfrontier at checkout for additional savings)
Claims 11.63HP
Notes: NOT C.A.R.B. EXEMPT!! Fully replaces stock intake housing and stock intake tube with polished aluminum tube. Open air box style.

Injen Power Flow
Link: Injen - :
Price: $355.00 at burtmanindustries.com (a site sponsor, contact jason)
Claims 17HP and 15 lb/ft (test shown on a Pathfinder)
Notes:Comes in Black and Chrome finishes. Fully replaces stock intake housing and stock intake tube with aluminum tube. Closed air box.

Volant Cool Air Intake
Link: Sorry, the page you are looking for is not available.
Price: $329.00 at younissanparts.com(A site sponsor!) use coupon code: clubfrontier at checkout for additional savings)
Claims 18 HP and upto 40lb/ft (I'll beleive it when I see it, couldn't find any dyno curves)
Notes: Fully replaces stock intake housing and stock intake tube with plastic tube. Also I believe the horn needs to be relocated to install. Closed air box

AFE Stage 2 Intake
Link: advanced FLOW engineering : Review v3 :
Price: $208 at younissanparts.com(A site sponsor!) use coupon code: clubfrontier at checkout for additional savings)
Claims 15HP and 11lb/ft (no dyno info found)
Notes: Fully replaces factory airbox and stock intake tube with plastic tube. Open air box style.

NISMO R-tune Intake
Link: MyNismo.com - NISMO R-Tune Cold Air Intake System
Price: $281.30 at performancenissan(A site sponsor!)
Claims 10.5 HP and 9.5lb/ft at the rear wheels(no dyno info found)
Notes: Genuine NISMO part. Fully replaces factory airbox and stock intake tube with aluminum tube powdercoated black. Open air box style

AEM Brute Force
Link: AEM - BRUTE FORCE Intakes
Price: Current group buy through SoCal MotorSports AEM Brute Force CAI - GROUP BUY - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum PM SCMS ERIK for price!!
Claims: I thought I saw 14hp somewhere but no proof yet??
Notes: Uses DryFlow filter(not oiled). Fully replaces factory airbox and stock intake tube with polished aluminum tube. Open air box style
(thanks Zeek)

Stillen Hi-Flow Intake
Link: STILLEN : STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake Kit
Price: $255.00 at Stillen.com
Claims??? (haven't found any HP claims)
Notes: No removal of stock tube, replaces factory airbox and filer, includes hi-flow funnel, nice factory style fit and finish. Closed air box.
(thanks silvrbreez)

Fujita Competition Air Intake System (F5air)
Link: Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems, Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems
Claims: 15 hp and 13ft-lbs
Notes: Part # MA-2817, $398.00, it doesn't look like there's any box/baffle to contain the filter(thanks 06front)

I put together this list for those of you who may be looking for a new performance intake for your Frontier and have questions. The price listed with these parts are subject to change and you might be able to find something better, I will try to keep up with them as best as I can. Also if I have left any intakes or any info out please PM me. Also fitment issues,picture (ONE good picture of each is all that is necessary) and reviews may discussed in this thread.

PLEASE try to keep this post on topic, I will delete any post that does not pertain to this topic. Thanks!!

*Ryan*
'08 Lightning Blue MINI Cooper S
'98 Gunmetal Blue Jeep Cherokee (New winter/trail rig)
'05 Storm Gray NISMO KC 4x4(GONE)

Club Frontier Rules and Guidelines PLEASE READ!!

Last edited by igbar; 10-14-2008 at 05:54 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StormNISMO For This Useful Post:
AzureDrk (12-03-2016), LuxoDave (02-09-2011), miltonpro (07-31-2009), Shootisttx (10-05-2016), Stalliom (02-27-2010), Tyjb9x (07-13-2010), Volcano_God (09-01-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Irongrave Send a message via Yahoo to Irongrave
K&N 57 series review: Good intake for the money, decent SOTP incresses. Better trottle responce. Intake fit very well, the instructions were spot on. Putting on the rubber gasket around the sheild takes some time. Total install for me was about 45 mins in my driveway with basic tools. Tools you'll need a 10mm and a 14mm socket a flat head and philips head screw drivers plus some others just cant remember right now. Decent intake just unhappy with the open air box.
Its not the best photo but this is the K&N Installed

Volant review: Took the K&N out and changed to the Volant intake. Finish on the intake was very good. SOTP the intake had a little more power then the K&N and a good ammount over stock along with much better lower end when pulling hills with trailer. The install instructions left a lot be be desired. To install this intake right you need to remove the grill shell. Remove a plastic baffel that forces are into the side of the raditor. Also depending on your model might need to relocate or force move the horn a little. The tube is a little had to get to fit just right on both sides. Total install time is about an hour and a half to install with removing and reinstalling the grill. Tools: you need a 10mm and a 14mm socket a flat head and philips head screw drivers maybe some others too. So far very happy with it.
Installed

Edit: I also have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system that might give slightly differnt SOTP mesurments than a stock exhaust

Past 2006 SE with way too many mods.
Current 2015 TRD OR Tacoma

Last edited by Irongrave; 03-08-2007 at 10:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irongrave For This Useful Post:
Bturner906 (07-21-2014)
post #3 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront
i concur with Irongrave's assesment of the 57 series K&N, i also have it, if no price it too low for an intake it's a great choice. i'd rate it an 7 out of 10, mostly because you do gain top end performance but it sacrifices a little on the bottom end (1k-3k rpm) and it can be found for relatively cheap. also there is a slight drone at highway speeds. install was very easy, took only a 30 mins or so

Patrick // 06 KC Nismosis 6 spd Storm Gray
Mods: lots... Uprev tuned: 257whp & 292 ft lbs
09 Pontiac G8 GXP // M6 // Sunroof // Tint... For Now
http://jpmcgphotography.smugmug.com <-- My Photography

"I prefer to drive manuals because I prefer to drive, not be driven."

Last edited by HKYStormFront; 03-08-2007 at 11:08 PM.

post #4 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here is the series 77
Review: The sound is amazing past 3000K rpms 9/10. Only issue was the sealing around the heat shield. It took the longest to install.

06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT
Series 77 K&N CAI*Gibson SS Catback* Power Aid Throttle Body Spacer* 2 degree timing advance*Helper Leaf Springs*7 point Grounding kit*TB mesh delete mod*Hyper White Xenon Bulbs 5000K Temp*Sport Track Bike Rack*Pilot 330C Fog lights*20% Tints*Red Calipers*black SE wheels*Euro style smoked tail lights*vinyl smoked third brake light*stubby 14" antenna*debadged*custom mesh grill powder coated black *APC aluminum pedals*aluminum shift knob*LED interior lights*OEM All weather mats*Pathfinder switch covers

Click on the picture for my Frontier thread

Last edited by Shift_Avenger; 11-17-2007 at 12:11 AM.
post #5 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Thanked 3,041 Times in 2,066 Posts
Garage
Blinging Injen

post #6 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via MSN to Johnnyman88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFrontier06
Blinging Injen

did it have a big different in response and top end?? How does this intake sounds. i will need new mods since ill have a 3 body on with some 33s.. Let me know, i want some good ratings and willing to spend for the better ones.
post #7 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Airaid Quick Fit intake. Works good and nice sound at WOT! I upgraded the filter to an AEM Dry flow filter though so I don't have to mess with oiling the filter. I really like the intake, reuses the lower portion of the stock airbox so you still get the connection to the fender well for drawing colder air, and it's one of the less expensive intakes for the frontier. Noticed an improvement in power from the butt dyno but no actual dyno numbers to show. Overall well woth the money.

2006 NISMO Crew Cab 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2839600
post #8 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyman88
did it have a big different in response and top end?? How does this intake sounds. i will need new mods since ill have a 3 body on with some 33s.. Let me know, i want some good ratings and willing to spend for the better ones.

I will chime in on this, as I have the same intake, but in a black powder coat.

As for the body lift, you might need to get a little crafty in figuring out a way to mount the rubber bushing. Also, I could maybe foresee the intake tubing sitting more at an angle, due to the lift.

As for response, I sure noticed a difference, or so I think I did. It is also very loud under wide open throttle, but pretty mild under normal driving. If my camera recorded sound, I would try and get a sound clip.
The Following User Says Thank You to kris For This Useful Post:
Zero Six LE (10-04-2009)
post #9 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
StormNismo, Nice job on the intake info, now a question for all you physics and aerodynamic genuises, What is the difference in HP gain at 5,000 feet with an intake mod vs the difference at sea level? Do you get a bigger difference up high because every bit of air makes a difference, or do you get a bigger difference down low because the overall pressure is higher?
My guess is the up high difference is better because you can only force so much air through the intake and your % gain with mods is higher at higher altitudes where every gram of air makes a difference.

WW, '05 NISMO KC Fronty, Volant CAI, 22" Magnaflow. Nissan Bugflector. Wet Okole's Custom Y Pipe. 2009 tailgate hinges
post #10 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Thanked 3,041 Times in 2,066 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyman88
Kris answered your intake question the way I would have.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.