Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Zed's 2007 CC LWB 4x4

32K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  tiltmode43 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll get things started, will add links.

Username: Zedbra
Year: 2007
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: LE with leather
Color: Black
Mods:

Interior

* OEM All weather mats
* lots of mud
* 35% front tint with UV protection

Exterior

* Westin Ultimate Bull Bar (from a Toyota originally but I made my own mounting brackets to fit it to the Frontier)
* LED Fogs
* LEER 180 canopy
* 2" DIY body lift
* OEM bug deflector
* OEM trailer hitch with plug relocated to the bumper
* OEM bed divider
* OEM in-channel vent shades front and rear
* CREE LED headlight bulbs

Drivetrain:

*bone stock thus far

Suspension & Tires

* Deaver 2” Rear AAL
* FOX 2" lift coils with Daystar 2" blocks
* SPC Upper Control Arms
* PRG Cam Bolts
* Custome heavy duty 3" lift rear leaf springs
* Rear Radflo 2.0 long travel external reservoir shocks
* Goodyear 285/70/17 MT
* Extended and braided rear brake lines for lotsa flex
* Ride-Rite air bags to help the springs with heavy loads

Armor

* Nissan Nismo Skid Plates - were given to me free from bobblehead
* Trail Gear sliders for a Yota custom fit

Performance

* Volant Cold Air Intake
* Superchips Cortex
* CXJ IMS spacer

Gear and Other

* Variety of tie downs and tools for bush repairs
* 30' 2" Recovery Strap (have a few of these)
* shovel
* Hi-Lift and custom mounts for the utilitrack

In Progress:

* figuring out a custom rear bumper
* CB

Photos:

See less See more
#3 ·
yes - the stock LE step ripped off and jammed up into the wheel well. Ironically, I was going to take them off that morning but didn't have a deep 12mm socket. I was going to go to the store to buy one when I got called to go wheeling instead. Also more ironic was that I blew off installing my sliders that day to go wheeling.

#6 ·
whats going fellas. just have a quick question....where do you get the rock sliders from??? i went to Trailgear.com and they dont sell anything for nissan there. i also went to Ruggedrocksoffroad.com and i didnt find any rock sliders under the frontier section.....and the very last question is, are these bolt on or cut n weld application???

thanks!

#8 ·
nat has your answer above. i ordered the trail gear sliders for a 'yota and then cut and welded to fit the way i wanted them. i made my bolt-on, but it wasn't easy because of the long box. I ended up actually welding a few nuts into the frame.

#7 ·
Trail gear does not make their sliders for the Nissan, but they will fit on certain models. They are built for Tacomas, but that doesn't matter..the length is what matters. So the trail gear sliders may say they made for Tacoma's but that doesn't mean they won't fit your Nissan. Many people on this forum are running Trail Gear sliders.

#9 ·
wooo...that seems like alot of work, especially since i dont have a welder or anything to cut metal with. but thanks anyways guys.
......on that note, i found out shrockworks makes a set of rock sliders...but ther run about $400 +.....thats a pretty insane price if you ask me. well i guess im gonna have to think this one over!

#11 ·
if you don't have a welder or cutting tools then this is not a project for you. Everywhere you go will want $400 for pre-fabbed sliders, so the Shrocks are as good of a choice as any.

Back on the (single/double)track...Zed dude, you have a kick *** build. I really do dig it!
Thanks man. It gets me where I need to go - up the mountains. Just wish there was a posi for the C200.

#10 ·
Back on the (single/double)track...Zed dude, you have a kick *** build. I really do dig it!

#12 ·
^^Nice truck, I like it much. And man do I hear you about some sort of LSD for the C200.

#14 ·
Finally got around to installing my Ride Rite air bags I have had sitting in the garage half the year. Just in time to add sand bags for winter. I should have installed these years ago, they really smooth out the ride after adding the Deaver AAL lift springs.

And my damaged bumper made it easy to mount the filler

#16 ·
Well, there is some rust starting to show up on the front Radflo coil-overs - but I must admit that the rust is a lot more minimal than I expected. I just recently started spraying them with Boeshield T-9 to help slow down the process, we'll see that product works.

I had the frame and underbody heavily undercoated when I bought the truck, and I spray the diff and other areas every year with Tremclad (or Rustoleam in the US) to try to keep the rust at bay - you can see in the airbag pics what it looks like after one year.

#17 · (Edited)
Added some CREE LED light bulbs - bought them off ebay from China. Wanted the Lifetime bulbs, but they wouldn't ship to Canada without using UPS. Anyways, the install was really easy - no cutting, no trimming. I took the intake out to clean it, I think that took the longest of the whole procedure. The light output is excellent for low beams. I'm wondering how long they will last, as I have DRL that are always on, even with just the park lights switched on.

The product box - was well packaged and shipped with no damage.

The bulbs fit in easily enough and the retention ring twisted with no issues and no cutting/trimming

The fan just screws onto the back of the bulb

Went to a pitch black road

DRL

Low beams - I'm 50' from the rope and blocks

Low beams and fogs - fogs have 3000k HID bulbs

The high beams are pretty useless as high beams - unless you hunt squirrels

High beams with my PIAA lights on

#24 ·
I bought that black bull bar off eBay; it has already been ripped off from wheeling and I now have a chrome Westin bull bar. The new one was free from a friend of mine and was off his Tacoma but I fabricated brackets to make it work on the truck.

I should probably update this build thread sometime.

#25 ·
Been a busy week on the truck - added a roof basket that was originally off a Jeep - I made my own mounts and cut out a plywood floor for it to better hold Jerry cans. I also replaced my PIAA lights with some small 4" LEDs that are brighter than the sun, and on top of that I replaced my rear springs with some heavy duty custom 3" lift leaves.

#26 ·
How are the radflos holding up, just seen your thread where you have invested a lot of money into keeping them going. I was gonna do the radflos up front set at 2" and do either a rear block or AAL in the rear. My front springs are sagging half an inch and this seems the best route to go rather than the OME shock and coil combo. Next option would be the nisstec mk84 if the radflos are really that bad

#27 ·
Well, I had terrible luck with my Radflos from the get go. They leaked nitrogen from day 1, had to ship them back to the USA at my cost. Then the oil started to leak within the first year. Rebuilt again on my dime. Then they both blew again a few years later, rebuilt them again and they started to leak within 30 days - no warranty from Radflo. So, I could have bought other new coils and been ahead of the game.

I now have Fox coils in with a 2" Daystar spacer on top and they drive much better so far, only had them in for three months.

#31 ·
First of all, nice truck @Zedbra!!

Secondly, sorry for the age old bump, but this thread seems as appropriate place as any to ask.

Do you have any CV binding issues at full droop with this setup? I'm currently considering going Fox (w/o any spacer up top), along with SPC UCA, but CV binding at full droop is a concern. With the spacers you've effectively increased the overall length of the front shock assembly, theoretically increasing the likelihood of CV bind at full droop. Have you encountered any issues here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.