Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Tyler's build

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mtyler11 
#1 · (Edited)
Mods: axle vent, 7pin relocation, DIY seat tilt adj,

Interior: Weathertech Digi-liners, Pioneer AVH-5800, Kicker 40CS674 6.75" speakers rear, front camera, rear camera,

Exterior: OEM window & hood deflectors, OEM fog lights, tonneau cover, Line-X(bed), LED bulbs (all exterior except headlamps), Mac's bed tie-down track kit,

Drivetrain: PML trans pan

Suspension & Tires: Goodyear Duratrack 265/75/16, Nissan Adj cam bolts, SPC UCAs, 3" suspension lift (Nisstec MK84 & OME leafs), Bilstein 5125 shocks(rear)

Armor: Hefty-Fab aluminum skids, White-Knuckle sliders,

Performance: XPT intake spacer, BDGT, INJEN CAI,

Gear and Other:

In Progress: Lokka front, m226 w/TruTrac, 3.54 gears,

#7 ·
thankyou. I still have alot of pics to put up, individual mod posts to write and link. Just trying to get it down on paper as I'm now doing some stuff that I haven't seen 50 other folk do so figured it would be worth sharing...

#4 ·
Awesome mod list! I wasn't aware of the PML trans pan, I might have to get that.

#5 ·
The pan is good if you have a skid, great if you don't have a skid. You get about 1.5 qt more fluid, substantially stronger pan (dropped it on my foot... its not light) and its finned for cooling.
My reason for saying good (not great) with skids is my summer trail experience is when the trans is working hard, and you're crawling along (little/no airflow) then the skid traps all that heat. Warmest I got when wheeling was 200F. Once you get moving again (or hit a water crossing) the temp drops pretty quick.
This winter my trans reaches 80-100F about the same time (temp needed for TC to lock in 4th&5th gear) as before but takes longer to get above 120. During the summer my cruising temp, loaded or unloaded, highway or backroad, was 150F. The worst I could get it was gear selector in 3rd, running through the hilly backcountry 'highways' at 50-60mph and about 400lbs in the bed, it reached 170F... each downhill I'd coast a bit and it'd drop right back to 150F.

I still have alot more things I want to do, the big ones are the gears, front locker, M226 & TT rear, and HF bumper front and something for the rear... probably evolias' I really like the design/look of it, but want wraparound rear quarter protection as well. maybe even a small step pocket like all the new trucks are coming with...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.