Nissan Frontier Forum banner

S4ad0w10 Build thread

11K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  S4ad0w10 
#1 · (Edited)
Names LeLan and I'm a vegas local born and raised,

heres my truck and current up to date list of mods
2005 kc se 6spd 4x4

Exterior:
Custom tube front bumper, Custom Sliders, blacked out grille and emblems, Custom radiator skid, hefty engine skid, shrock tranny skid, Plasti-dipped rear bumper, shorty antenna, 55% tint on front and 3% all other windows, and many desert pin striping from following nomad >:D

Interior:
Icom ham radio with jumper removed for open digital scrolling, cobra 59lx cb radio cranked to 40watts, infinity reference 1000watt amp, Rockford p1s4 10" sub, pioneer deck, cobra 1000 watt power inverter.

Tires/ Suspension:
285/75-16 Good year fierce attitude M/Ts with 1 matching spare, level 8 strike6 16" wheels, PRG Deaver 2" AALs w/ extended 5125s, Radflo 2.0 Coilovers 600# spring and sway bar delete. Prg uca

Performance:
Magnaflow exhaust, Volant coi

Gear and Other:
Viair 450c, come along (poor mans winch), snatch block, 150' in tow straps, high lift jack, die hard agm platinum battery, marine terminals, 0ga ground wire, viper 5704v with remote and smart start

So heres my story, got this frontier last October, and i fell in love with it. So the build process began, and rapidly i might add. I do retrievals for S.N.O.R.E. and BITD out here in las vegas, so i needed the truck to be off road capable, and me and the lady love to go dry camping, finding trails to take down to the river and camp for the weekend. so far the truck has yet to fail me. So here is a list of what i have done to my truck. let me know what you think. Thanks.

First thing i did was order a viper alarm off amazon with a smart start module and then i enlisted a buddys help who is an installer for best buy and with a saturday and sunday we got it installed, this is the only thing i didn't document or take pics of, and for that i am sorry.

So next i got prg uca's and spacer lift, man did that make a difference. and the price was perfect. I found a guy selling his setup for $500 which included the prg uca the level 8 strike 6 wheels and cooper 285/75/16 AT's. i drove to cali snatched up the deal. Came home took the coopers off sold them for $400 and threw on my good year fierce attitudes and came out with wheels and ucs for $100

after that i started the bolt on's, so i went to my buddies exhaust shop. I knew i wanted something that didn't sound too loud or ricey, so he dialed me in with a magnaflow and it sounds perfect. its there when i get on the throttle, but not droning when on a long road trip. so we cut this huge heavy thing out. and we dumped the exhaust right after the axle, i knew i didn't want it coming out the rear as to avoid hanging it up on anything in the future.

then we added this, did i mention he did the exhaust for free. in vegas its all about who you know.

next was the intake after reading on here and online i decided to go with the Volant coi and it was a super easy install and i love the way it looks and sounds highly recommend it if anyone is not sure which one to purchase. and for only $200 shipped i couldn't pass it up.

Now i decided it was time to start adding some accessories like a radio that was capable of playing songs from my iphone

Next i went down to Mc'Fadden Dales (home depot for professionals) and i got a fuse box. i ran a pos and neg cable from batt to the fuse box which will be for my two light bars im currently working on mounting brackets and for on board air compressor, and various led light pods also going on the truck. then i directly added another cable to the pos connection of the fuse box and ran that into my cab. i did this so i only have one wire going thru my firewall. from that wire i added another fuse box but a smaller one to run my power inverter, amp for my sub, my cb radio, and my ham radio. all mounted and installed beneath my driver and passenger seats. I am really happy with the way it turned out because i always found it tacky to have 8 wires going to all tmy accessories in the cab and running thru the firewall, this is a much cleaner alternative.

this is the sub

and this is the infinity 1000 watt amp powering the sub installed under the passenger seat

in the front under neath the passenger seat is where i installed my ham radio

recently ive been working on building my own rock sliders these are the pics from the build process, they are projected to be completed next weekend. but check out the pics. my mounting system is easy to install and still supports the whole trucks weight . can't wait to get them complete and move on to building my own bumper.

hope you enjoy if you have any questions on what ive done let me know i can explain more in detail and give more pics , the only thing i wish i would have taken more pics or more time detailing was the viper alarm it wasn't that difficult just time consuming.

See less See more
#4 ·
thank you, sweet trucks. I am very happy with my frontier.

Very Nice, looking forward to seeing it in person. Who is doing the welding for the sliders? I may have a job for them. ha
I am doing all the metal fab work. I do some fab work for my job, but the work i do on my truck is at my buddys race shop his welder is nicer than the one my boss got for us for work. lol what do you have in mind?

#8 ·
i love the ease of install on the volant coi only takes 10-15 minutes. and i did see a gain in hp and mpg. i recently took a trip to cali and with 285's i got 18.2 mpg so thats not too bad. and i love the way it gave the truck more throttle response and changed the sound. all in all i recommend the volant its a great coi.

Nice! I know a great place to go try out those sliders when they're done, though you may want a couple of skids first as well haha!

BTW, Didn't know there was a McFadden-Dale out here. Where's it at?
its off decatur and the 215 on the west side. i love that place so many goodies that home depot and lowes don't stock

#7 ·
Nice! I know a great place to go try out those sliders when they're done, though you may want a couple of skids first as well haha!

BTW, Didn't know there was a McFadden-Dale out here. Where's it at?

#9 ·
^ Excellent! That's not far from me. Thanks for the info!

#14 ·
Will you be at the SNORE race the 20-22 of February?

#16 ·
Planning on going to battle at primm if that's the race your talking about. It's a huge party and always a good time. Plus rerunning the course on Friday is always a blast.

So, if I come to Vegas for a week with my X, will you pretend it is yours and get all that sweet pricing for me? I really like what you have done in such a short time and look forward to meeting you during the fall run if not before.
Thank you. Some of the guys make fun of my truck for my parts I've got on it. Almost everything was once used. But hey I'm ballin on a budget here. And sticking close to nomad I've gotten some sweet deals on his old radflo 2.0 as well are rear bilsteins and new lead pack with the deavers installed.

What do you wanna do to the X next? I'll see if I can help any way possible.

#15 ·
So, if I come to Vegas for a week with my X, will you pretend it is yours and get all that sweet pricing for me? I really like what you have done in such a short time and look forward to meeting you during the fall run if not before.

#17 ·
Yes,Primm.Not sure if I will be going but a few friends will be entered,I think.

#19 ·
Yep I'll be there. Come on out man. Plenty of beer good food and if your single lots of pretty ladies. Let me know if you do decide to make it. I can get you a pit pass to be in the fun spots. As well as if you come on Friday you can prerun the track with me. And I also get room rate discount for being a volunteer. Don't know if we're gonna get a room or camp. That I leave up to the girl.

#18 · (Edited)
Haven't keep this thing updated and for that I'm sorry. But the truck now has radflos 2.0 up front with some bilsteins and a deaver 2 AAL in the rear thanks to nomad. Also called Greg and he shipped me out for free a set of the bump stops for his uca's talk about awesome customer service. Can't believe he used to work in the same racing team I learned to build shocks from. Small world.

Also it recently got a new clutch and flywheel. Also again thanks to Sean for the install and mike for the laughs along the way. Glad we were able to use a buddy's shop lift and transmission jack. And while the tranny and t case were out they got a flush and fresh new oils.

A recent dead battery forced me to get a die hard platinum agm battery. I got one a bit bigger than stock. Also come with top and side posts. Which is perfect for a dual batter setup down the road.

But I ran into a problem. Getting the bigger battery left the posts on the wrong side. And flipping the battery made the posts out of reach of the connections. I had rigged up something to hold it over, but it always worried me if it would hold up to the vibrations my truck see's.

Today Mike helped me out and we redid the connections the proper way as well as replaced the ground wire with 0ga wiring. We also replaced the connectors with marine ones. So it looks a lot better. Now i won't be worried about my battery setup everytime I hit the dirt.

Also put on a sweet short antenna as well as changed out the cabin air filters. Man those were dirty. And yes I broke the plastic clip. Luckily I made it work with a bolt and nut.

I think that pretty much sums up where my truck is currently at. Got some big things coming soon. Got all the parts for a titan swap retaining the r180 sitting on my garage floor. Just need s spacer to make the 2.0 radflos work.

But I also have a nice m205 with complete axles on the floor as well. Too bad my gearing is different. Also have an extra 226 with e locker (as I don't have a locker already) sitting on the floor. Picked up the 205 from a rolled titan for free. A good buddys aunt is high up with pick a part here. And I got the 226 for free from someone on Craigslist. Man that was a sweet score. So the plan is to have the 205 and spare 226 regeared to 456 as soon as I get some more cash to also buy a arb for the 205 and gears for both. And pay for one install of gears and locker. Already have a viair 450c that I'll use for OBA just need a tank and hoses.

Once that's done I'll drop the 205 in and sell the prg extended axles I have for the r180. And I think that will be good for my rig. Haven't decided if I wanna db lift it. Or just leave it at the tswap. So I'll cross that road once everything that's sitting in my garage is done. Gotta make a plan for the rear.

#20 ·
I appreciate the offer. I think I typed it the wrong way. I am just impressed on how you just seem to know all the right people and I need to make sure I am on the good side of the people that know these people so that good things can come my way from time to time as well.
Just keep Sean from making it so his Frontier does not fit in the garage anymore.

#21 ·
Oh gotcha. Well if you need anything let me know. I know a lot of people from various parts and places. Also helps when a sister works for Nissan so getting oem stuff cheap is super great.

Lol why?? Every time he upgrades something I seem to need/want his old parts. Works for us both. He no longer has a pile of parts in his garage and I get good parts at a good price. Plus a professional install. He's a great guy. Learned a lot from him. He's fun to follow on the trail. Has helped me out immensely. On and off the road. Glad I got on the forum and decided to continue wheeling. After my father passed away dec of 2013 I almost sold the truck. As he and I were gonna build it to go wheeling. Since we sold his old rig. And I can say without Seans help I'm not sure I'd be enjoying the desert today.

#22 ·
Why, because if he can't get it in the garage he might stop changing parts as often and there will be less for you to get! :) I agree he is a great guy, I have bought shocks and springs from him as well and feel I got a great deal. I just wish my wife would have gotten the transfer to Vegas that her boss had said she should get. Too bad he was talking out of his *** as 2.5 years later the position still does not exist, never mind her not getting it. Looking forward to the red rock trails the next time we are out there. Hope you will be able to join us that weekend. Hell, if I have the vacation time I might stay a few extra days other than just the weekend so that the weekend trip can be a bit more stock friendly while the weekday ones are on the bit more technical trails. My wife can always go to work in one of the hospitals there while we are out. :)

#25 ·
Ya man. Sounds great. I will look forward to meeting you next time you're out here. I was bummed I couldn't make the last trip. But the girlfriend had a surgery.

I have a really big garage : )
He really does. But then again his whole house is huge lol.

Just getting back into Nissan's after owning quite a few Toyota's so I still have some reading to do about what goes into the titan swap. Hopefully I have some extra cash together whenever they come up for sale haha.
For sure man. Just keep an eye out on the parts forum on this page as well as the local craigslist listings. Another forum to join is thenewX and titantalk. Both great for looking for parts at a great price.

#23 ·
I have a really big garage : )

#26 ·
Thanks for the offer.I will let you know if I can make it.

#31 ·
Nice looking Frontier you got there!

Cheers

#34 ·
#36 ·
Hey S4ad0w10, did you ever get some detailed pictures of your sliders and how they mounted? I'll be back into a house in a month and I was looking for a project that allows me to play with my welder again.

#37 · (Edited)
Ya I can send you some pics. However after seeing how the shrock works mount up I'd like to change mine from wrapping around the frame. The shrock work great and would be way easier then mine to build. I think I wnemt a little overkill as mine clamp the frame and bolt on top of it. But I'll snap some pics of mine as well as a buddys shrock sliders.

Got everything ready to tian swap next weekend. Spoke to Greg he's hooking me yo with some trx in case the titan TR dont work. Also gonna run a coil spacer since I have the 2.0 for the moment until I can get the 2.5 rf the correct length.

Also got the prg deaver 10pack that needs to be added. Just trying to figure out what u bolt flip kit I want to run as well as extended brake lines and some new shackles.

Once that's complete my truck will be done for a while. Lol I hope

#38 ·
So finally got a 40" radius light bar for my truck. Hopefully I can have it wired up before this Friday nights run we have planned. Also got a hefty T-case skid in order. Which is the last skid I need. Trying to come up with some ideas on how to mount my high lift in my bed as I don't have the utili trac system. As well as a shovel. And just like nomad I'm trying to figure out where I should put my switches for all my new accessories. :/

#39 · (Edited)
called greg today and got the last items for my up coming titan swap, ordered a coil over spacer, and tie rod extensions. Just in case the Moog titan inner and outer do not work like they didnt on Nomads truck. if the titan tie rods work ill use those and return the prg trx back to greg. also got a u bolt flip kilt from greg. and i found a used prg shackle from a member on here so the rear set up is looking to be completed as well!!!!

also got all new cv boots and clamps for the swap so that will be nice and new as well!!

now to just get my garage full of parts on my stinking truck!!!!!
cant wait to be titan swapped and have the prg deaver leaf pack put on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.