mt.aero's '05 Crew Build - Page 5 - Nissan Frontier Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I cant mount it there unfortunately. The flat part on the hoop is not long enough. I like it there too, so maybe Ill have to cut the grill to get it to fit and maybe it will just fit in front of the grill too.... hard to tell from the photoshop. I dont really want to mount it on the roof because I want to put a 40" bar there if I put anything up there at all. I need to resist the temptation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Ive had this metal box that I saved from the trash about a year ago. My intent was to create a place to store all my recovery gear and some other random things. Its burly to say the least. I sand blasted it to clean it all up and prep for welding. Then I removed the regular latch so I can weld on a lockable one. I cut the studs out of the inside already and welded all the holes shut to keep it water tight. Ill probably add some sort of weather seal around the cover too.

Next step is to add a divider to keep the straps and shackles/snatch block separate and Ill also weld a short length of tube in to slide the shackles on to so they arent floating all over the place. Weld the latch on and a handle and then its on to paint. Ill post my progress as it goes.

Ive drawn up a few different rack setups either for the roof or above the bed (cant decide yet) to store the spare tire, hi-lift, shovel, axe and this box and perhaps a small toolbox thats always in my back seat. That will likely be a project that takes place in the next few months.
#43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Finished the welding part. Need to do some grinding to get rid of some spatter and then re-blast. I decided I will weather seal the lid. The latch will fit really snug then too. You can see the tube and how the shackles will sit in the box. I have two more to go in, a 30ft. strap, a 6ft tree saver and need to pick up a snatch block or two. Ill see what other random tools will fit. (though I dont have a winch on the truck yet, Ill be ready when I get one)

#44 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Also posting this if anyone knows what it means.

#45 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Shift_lurker

Good looking truck, That front bumper is badass.
The Following User Says Thank You to TATTOOED NISMO For This Useful Post:
mt.aero (01-16-2013)
#46 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ba a** truck bro... Sick armor!!!

2012SL 6spd 4x4 Lava Red
Old Rides CF PIXS

The Following User Says Thank You to IslandNismo For This Useful Post:
mt.aero (01-16-2013)
#47 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wanna make me one of those bumpers for mine lol, it's very nicely done. Just out of curiosity what would it cost to have you do one just like it for me, maybe just a little different with some holes for the factory fogs

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Current Collection:
09 Honda Civic SI Sedan (Wife's car again/track car on weekends now lol)
10 Nissan Frontier Pro4X Crew Cab
(Calmini 5" Lift with Sway A Way 2.5's, 2" PRG Deaver, AFE Stage 2 Intake system, Banks Monster Exhaust system, Superchips tuned, Pro Comp 8089 Wheels, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac, Procomp series 152 street lock off road wheels wrapped in 285/75/16 destination m/t's, Trail Ridge Offroad Custom Sliders & rear tube bumper)

VOTE FOR ME FOR TOTM
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...k-month-91249/
#48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blackse View Post
Wanna make me one of those bumpers for mine lol, it's very nicely done. Just out of curiosity what would it cost to have you do one just like it for me, maybe just a little different with some holes for the factory fogs
To make the bumper with fog light holes pretty much makes it a one-off since it would change a lot of the components. Behind the basic skin is an internal structure added for strength, and thats what would really need to be modified the most to fit fogs. I wouldnt charge more than any other company would and they computer cut and bend pieces. I have to hand cut etc so it takes more more time. Probably $1000 or so... thats what Shrock sells theirs for. Im not really set up at the moment though to go into the bumper building business. Fingers crossed, Ill have a garage soon and that may change things.

-------------------------------

I finished painting the recovery box and added a little sticker I made. Think you guys will get a kick out of it. I did it for my buddy who owns a Jeep. I put some edge guard on the divider so I dont cut my hand on it. Picked up some weatherstrip for the lid and just need to stick that on and its fully done. Decided on a rack to build next for the bed and picked up some steel for it last night. Still need to buy some expanded steel for the bottom of it. Ill post those mockups up when I get home from work. On to more pics...

Closeup of the sticker.

Last edited by mt.aero; 01-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.
#49 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mt.aero's '05 Crew Build

If you could do a front bumper for somewhere in the ballpark of 7-800 I would be all over it, let me know if you end up getting setup to make me one.

Current Collection:
09 Honda Civic SI Sedan (Wife's car again/track car on weekends now lol)
10 Nissan Frontier Pro4X Crew Cab
(Calmini 5" Lift with Sway A Way 2.5's, 2" PRG Deaver, AFE Stage 2 Intake system, Banks Monster Exhaust system, Superchips tuned, Pro Comp 8089 Wheels, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac, Procomp series 152 street lock off road wheels wrapped in 285/75/16 destination m/t's, Trail Ridge Offroad Custom Sliders & rear tube bumper)

VOTE FOR ME FOR TOTM
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...k-month-91249/
#50 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blackse View Post
If you could do a front bumper for somewhere in the ballpark of 7-800 I would be all over it, let me know if you end up getting setup to make me one.

I will and thanks! The amount of folks that want my front bumper is awesome to me! Would love to fab on my own for a living some day.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 2nd Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.