Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kamikaze's build thread.

Username: Kamikaze
Year: 2005
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: Crew cab
Color: Black,Herced up with pinstripes
Interior: Wet Okole seat covers, husky liners, Panasonic Deck and speakers, custom 10" sub,CB
Exterior:Tinted windows, Herculined below door handles and down and grill, 4 linked and caged in the rear, Pre runner Tiregate, Shrockworks sliders, Defender roof rack, 4 Hellas
Drivetrain: shitload of u-joints, and custom steel driveshaft
Suspension & Tires:FRONT-Titan swapped, PRG uppers, New titan lowers, Radflo 2.5 coilovers, 1/2" spacer, Extended shafts, extended brake lines REAR- 4 link with 2.5" Radflo coilovers TIRES- 285/70/17 BFG All Terrains
Armor:Stock skids for now
Performance: Airflow snorkel, K&N drop in filter, Straight pipe, Red top optima
Gear and Other:Tow straps the usual
In Progress:front bumper

Alrite Im not one to document what i do to my truck, usually i will just get that itch and have to do something. So most of the pics will be after the part was added. Got the whip in Dec of 08 with 58,000 on it. Then started workin on it.*Random wheeling pics inserted*

MARCH 09- Put on the coilovers in the front and Bilsteins and deaver in the back. Got the RF 2.5's in anticipation for the t-swap, had major bucket contact.

APRIL 09- Used Mikes spare tire carrier idea.

Why spotters are important

05 Nismo CC 4X4
Interior:Wet okole seat covers, Panasonic deck and speakers, husky liners,CB,10" low pro sub.
Performance: Airflow snorkel, Red top optima, straight pipe, New Radiator, Green stuff brakes all the way around.
Everything else:Titan swapped with PRG Uppers,2.5 RF, PRG Extended half shafts,4 linked rear suspension, Tubed and bobbed bed,285/70/17 BFG All terrains, Herculined quarter panels and grill, Tinted windows,PR Tiregate, Shrock sliders,UWS Toolbox, 2" BL, 12000k Hid Halos,Defender RR, 4 Hellas. RLTW

Last edited by Kamikaze; 12-05-2012 at 01:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamikaze For This Useful Post:
mike (04-14-2010), mustard23 (04-25-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May 09- I put on the straight pipe. Basically just hacking off the muffler, gives it a better growl, and i feel like i got better gas mileage.

June 09- Used inspiration once more for the hi-lift jack holder yet modified it a little bit.

I then had a dry spell where i just wheeled alot and broke a u-joint and also blacked out the grill.

05 Nismo CC 4X4
Interior:Wet okole seat covers, Panasonic deck and speakers, husky liners,CB,10" low pro sub.
Performance: Airflow snorkel, Red top optima, straight pipe, New Radiator, Green stuff brakes all the way around.
Everything else:Titan swapped with PRG Uppers,2.5 RF, PRG Extended half shafts,4 linked rear suspension, Tubed and bobbed bed,285/70/17 BFG All terrains, Herculined quarter panels and grill, Tinted windows,PR Tiregate, Shrock sliders,UWS Toolbox, 2" BL, 12000k Hid Halos,Defender RR, 4 Hellas. RLTW
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Then I deployed, where i was able to get the money to start actually gettin the truck to where i want her. I ordered Shrock sliders, the PR tiregate, Calmini rear bumper, Airflow snorkel, And the titan swap parts.

MAR 10- Put on the calmini rear bumper and the tiregate. Within a couple days of each other. Pains in the ***.

Then had a legit wheelin trip in the snow at evans creek with some of the guys.

Love this pick Graham.

05 Nismo CC 4X4
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

APR 10- Went ahead and threw on the snork. Sketchy but it came out well, I also went ahead and got a red top, put a cb in, and got some husky liners which i HIGHLY recommend.
Snork

And the other goods. (yes my truck is dirty as hell)
CB& Husky liners

Red top

I have also tinted the windows and added the rain guards and decals stuff, but not to notable. I did have 2 people ask me what the snork was today which was pretty cool, me and my buddy laughed. I should have some swap pics at the end of this month, and if shrock would ever ****ing build my sliders i would have those on as well. Hope youre happy mike haha.
Some videos, all videos by poster are me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPk0yzVULfs

05 Nismo CC 4X4

Last edited by Kamikaze; 04-14-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamikaze For This Useful Post:
AndrewVK (04-14-2010), LoopOut (12-27-2012)
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
thank you for the detailed pics on the snorkel.
something im thinking about eventually putting in.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

May-10
T-swapped the whip. Took a day with three guys, would have been quicker but had to do the usual parts run around.
Passenger side:
Just the titan upper and the radflo's

Stock frontier lower

Titan upper and lower on coilover bolted on spindle not connected yet

Everything attached titan upper, lower, spindle, and extended brake lines.

Driverside: Basically everything is the same minus the bolt that you have to cut. We tried everything but basically you have to cut it.
Spindle off coilover disconnected from lower.

Pulling the half shaft out.

The bolt

Cutting "the bolt"

I dont have any pics of driverside reassembly because we were trying to knock it out quickly but its the same as passengers side.

05 Nismo CC 4X4

Last edited by Kamikaze; 09-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Shift_lurker

Sweet!

How do you like the hi-lift? I've been *****footing around with the OEM scissor and 4x6 blocks and that's nearly useless unless on pavement or packed.

Wondering how well it grabs and how you position it on your truck...
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

June 10- Put on the new hi lift mount. Had it sitting in my truck for like 4 months and finally put it on. Its also swapped in these pics, with the block added in the rear and the titan u-bolts.

Also finally got my sliders from shrock. Only took them 6 months to get them to me.

And then a little fun with nism-owner and some other nissans.

The battle scar

05 Nismo CC 4X4

Last edited by Kamikaze; 08-29-2010 at 09:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamikaze For This Useful Post:
mike (07-25-2010)
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you have any modifications make to your coilovers when you did the Titan swap?

Mike's 2005 NISMO build

2005 NISMO CC 4X4-ICON 2.5 coilovers,AC 3 leaf pack,Bilstein shocks, 3" Body lift, Titan front differential, Pathfinder half shafts, 305/70R16, American Outlaw Colt wheels, KMA rear bumper, Black Widow Off Road hi-lift mount, Home made utilitrac spare tire mount, Airflow snorkel, Shrockworks sliders and skids
Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Nah i didnt have to mike. What were you thinking?

05 Nismo CC 4X4

Last edited by Kamikaze; 07-26-2010 at 12:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamikaze For This Useful Post:
RB9000 (09-03-2010)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 2nd Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.