#1 · (Edited)
Username: JettyLife

New Truck purchased 11/2015
Year: 2012
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: SV
Color: Silver

Here's my first Nissan... Which I later sold to get my first Frontier.

Those KC floods were the best thing I did to that truck. They're such a great output light for a 100 watt halogen.

Once I got a real job I sold the X to my father who bought it for my sister, and I got the Frontier. Best purchase ever.

Sold the truck in November of 2014. The guy lives in town and I see it all the time. I bought a car, 2013 Subaru WRX. It's a blast to drive, but it doesn't have the reliability I needed for my own piece of mind. So I bought another Frontier and still have it today.

See less See more
#41 · (Edited)
Been a while since I updated this thread, I'll do some major picture adding and what not. I graduated the academy and have been really busy with work. I've got suspension plans (wishy washy) and also LED lighting plans (more solid, but $$$ is a factor) so this thread should get some action soon. Here's some photos (I don't even have the 285's on in these yet.) Oh and I also bought a WRP CP under-driven pulley, here's to colder A/C and maybe a MPG or 2. Going in sometime in the fall.
At the Jetty!

Here's one of the intake mod I did to my kool vue:
[/URL]

#43 ·
Thanks man, minitruckin has recently had great results with his pulley, he talked me into it basically lol. I know I've been slacking lately I'm looking at moving into a new place with my long time on-and-off girlfriend so it'll save me some cash every month for truck mods.
Plus I'm saving for a handgun too.

Sent from my Nexus 4

#46 · (Edited)
It's underdriven, that doesn't make the AC work better or spin faster. I have had the pulley for 3+ years and I have not experienced that. Probably the opposite

#50 ·
If I had unlimited cash it'd be done! Lol along with titan swap, coilovers, bumpers, etc.
My girlfriend and I pretty much settled on an apartment for 950. So that saves me $200 a month for mods. Plus it has a full kitchen and refrigerator so we'll be eating out less and we can finally stock food.
Should be a decent winter. Oh and it has a balcony lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4

#55 ·
For a standard size I like my S&W M&P .40--a lot! Can't compare it to the Glocks as I've not worked with any yet, but the M&P melts into my hand like butta ;) I can shoot it all day long :) Although it's a little large for conceal so I'll be looking for an addition next year too.

Side note, do you have any pics of your silver beauty with the 285's on it yet??

#58 ·
I like the looks of the M&P and I like the S&W.40 round. The Glocks are nice. Don't need a ton of oil, low maintenance, high reliability, highly customizable if you're into that kind of thing. There's some neat slides out there.

I recently shot my dad's colt 1911 and really liked the lighter trigger and the .45 auto round feels nice in my hands. I don't like only having 7 (or 8 can't remember) round though. With 15+1 in the Glock 22 we're spoiled.
Side note: I don't! I'll grab some though, I've been so busy apartment hunting and researching the titan swap... Again.

^^^ M&P is great! I don't own one but I have shot them. It is comparable to the Glock, but as usual they each have their strengths and weaknesses.
Still need a 1911! Glad to hear about the 23 though. Have you tried it concealed yet? I'm curious as to how easy it is as compared to a subcompact like G27. My buddy has a 23 he concealed when living in VA and another guy carries his G22 off duty... A little large for my liking to conceal...
The department issued me a Gen2. It's a dinosaur! Doesn't even have any ribbing on the grip. I feel like I need a good stipple job because we were on a gun call the other night and while clearing a stairwell in a high rise I felt my hand getting slippery and my grip was not exactly comfortable.

I'd like to try a Sig too eventually, everyone in our county carries Glock with the exception of our prosecutors office. They use sigs for whatever reason.
Been a while since shooting a Glock, didn't like the 2 I did shoot, but maybe I should try them out again, seems like more people like them then not. Currently have Berettas and Rugers, like them both, but love my Berettas
It depends, some don't like the S&W.40 itself, it's a "snappy" round. So maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure which Glocks you shot.

Sent from my Nexus 4

#57 ·
Been a while since shooting a Glock, didn't like the 2 I did shoot, but maybe I should try them out again, seems like more people like them then not. Currently have Berettas and Rugers, like them both, but love my Berettas

#59 ·
Still need a 1911! Glad to hear about the 23 though. Have you tried it concealed yet? I'm curious as to how easy it is as compared to a subcompact like G27. My buddy has a 23 he concealed when living in VA and another guy carries his G22 off duty... A little large for my liking to conceal...
The department issued me a Gen2. It's a dinosaur! Doesn't even have any ribbing on the grip. I feel like I need a good stipple job because we were on a gun call the other night and while clearing a stairwell in a high rise I felt my hand getting slippery and my grip was not exactly comfortable.

I'd like to try a Sig too eventually, everyone in our county carries Glock with the exception of our prosecutors office. They use sigs for whatever reason.
No CC since it's not allowed in Hawaii. But the size isn't bad at all if you are wearing jeans and a baggy shirt. But for board shorts and a light airy shirt it might bulge too much?

I like Sigs for the mechanical-y-ness (if that's a word) but they have never wowed me when it comes to feel. Very accurate though. My Glock wasn't anything to write home about at first. But after a few hundred shots it started to loosen up. And I polished the trigger connector to a mirror finish (by hand) and that made the pull a lot smoother, and the trigger break a thousand times more predictable.

I'm not one of those crazy Glock fanboys; Glocks aren't the most accurate out of the box, and they are not the finest piece of machinery ever made. But I'm happy since it was half the price of a Sig or H&K, and still a few hundred less than the M&P I was looking at that I will still end up getting one day :D 1911's rule! But a good one will cost me some coin, so none for now.

#60 ·
1911 is on my short list too, I shot one 2 years ago, and it was an amazing gun. Hard to explain but hitting targets was almost as easy as point and shoot, with minimal aiming, really easy and comfortable gun.

As for Glocks, I don't remember which I shot, but just not comfortable in my hand. As far as reliability, I have friends in DEC, who spend their days on or around Salt water, which is murder on anything, and they swear by them. They all claim that their issued service weapon, will go through any kind of ammo, never jam, and I'm sure half of them aren't very good about cleaning either. Still, I'm not a fan, but that could change if I shoot a few others.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#61 ·
Yeah Glocks aren't very fancy, or shiny lol. I'd like to get one all "hooked up" with a lighter slide and a red-dot sight just because it'd be fun to shoot.
Personally I like the simplicity of them. They're field stripped by hand (not sure about other guns, never tried) cleaned relatively easy, and go back together easy.
I guess I'm a bit of a fanboy... I haven't had much experience with anything else. But I've put maybe 4000 rounds through my G22 from 3yds to 50yds.

Sent from my Nexus 4

#62 ·
I am looking into getting a handgun and have been leaning toward a Glock. Trying to balance a good pistol with a budget. Also looking forward to pics of the 285's! Will probably be my next purchase for the truck in the spring!

#65 ·
http://sunset-range.com/index.php

Don't know how far any of you are from here (I'm sure there are other similar) but I highly recommend going to a place like this before you buy a gun. At this particular range, you pick the gun of your choice, and pay for a full clip of ammo, usually 8-12$. Some of the bigger ammo is a little more $ or might have a smaller mag. 10 rounds of 9mm were 8$, not too bad to find out if you like it or not.
For about 100$ plus tip, for your instructor/gun guide, you can sample 8-10 different guns without spending 600$-1000$ and then realize you hate the gun. Going here put a 1911 on my short list.
They have a lot of variety, and if you want to shoot something specific, you can always call ahead to see if the have it or not, but just to shoot a lot of different guns, to feel what you're more comfortable with, before buying, this is a great place.

#66 ·
That's a great idea! I'd like to shoot the G23 vs the G22. Not a huge difference I know, but I want to be comfortable with the weapon I choose. Plus I'd like to shoot a 9x19 weapon and a G27 too just to feel the difference between the 40 and the 9mm and the smaller grip on the 27 sub.

Sent from my Nexus 4

#67 ·
In case it helps, Sunsethill shooting range is about 1.5 miles from Great Wolf Lodge. Last time I went, was a few years ago, on a family weekend at Great Wolf, left after breakfast and was back in about 2 hours. 3 guys and we all shot about 8 different guns, back to the family before they missed us.

Planning on a 1 day trip soon, about 8 of us, one day of shooting fun. A lot of my friends, will be "gunless" for whatever reason, (Too cheap or wife issues against guns) and this will at least put a gun in their hand for a short time.

#69 ·
Believe it or not, just show a drivers license and fill out a form, and pay for what you shoot.

8$ - 12$ per full clip, there might have been a few more expensive, but not much. So even if you average it out to 10$ a clip, thats 8-10 rounds out of about 9 or 10 guns for about 100$, cant beat it. To go to a local range, its 10$ to get in, 15$-20$ for the rental (Only the used guns they have in stock at the time, so limited selection) and then you have to buy their ammo too, which could be 40$ - 60$ for 1 gun and no guaranty what they'll have.

I shot a beretta CX4 storm, AR15, a few 9mm, 1911, and a Dessert Eagle but unfortunately not a .50cal

Anyway, lots of fun, our guide was great, my buddies had little to no experience and he was very helpful for them. needless to say he was very well taken care of and we had a blast.

You can also bring your own firearm too, but with so many others to choose from, I didn't want to travel with any of mine.

#71 ·
Last time was on my birthday, and they treated, so it was twice as nice for me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.