Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Golf286's The Moab Princess

34K views 100 replies 30 participants last post by  golf286 
#1 ·
This project/build is culmination of the last 2 xterra builds that I've done and what I learned from them, both god and bad. The plan was to build an all around Wheeler/Overland capable rig, we did some testing last week in Moab and it outperformed all of my expectations.

Username: Golf286 aka The Princess

Year: 2010

Make: Nissan

Model: Frontier

Trim: SE/Pro4X

Color: Silver

Current Pic:

Mods:

Interior:

5 slot switch carrier

Kenwood Double Din

Upgraded Seats

Fridge mount (back seat)

Upgraded Steering Wheel

Weathertech floor mats

Exterior:

DepHep Hi-Lift mount

Hefty spare tire mount

ARB Twin Compressor

Train Horn

Powertank mount

more to come

Drivetrain:

Rancho Drop Bracket Lift

M205 Titan Swap

ARB Front Locker

Custom Radflo 2.5 coilovers

Titan Rear Axle w/ Locker

Custom Alcans

Custom rear Bilstein Shocks

Nisstec Adjustable Shackles

Custom Shock skids

4.56 Gears

Custom Brake Lines front and rear

17" XD Machete Rims

35 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Trail Grappler (5)

Armor:

Hefty Aluminum Front Bumper

Smittybilt X20 10K w/ Synthetic line

Hefty Aluminum Skids

Hefty Rear Bumper (being made)

Hefty Sliders

Performance:

Volant CAI

IMS

Custom Exhaust

UpRev Tune

See less See more
#10 ·
'Bout time you decided to come wheel with the big boys. If you can just keep the axle housing in it's intended location/orientation you should be golden ; )

Reactions: golf286
#15 · (Edited)
LOL!!!
Well the original plan was to get a Fronty a year ago but 2.0 fell in my lap so it got delayed, yeh keeping the axle in place won't be an issue this go around. [emoji2][emoji2]
I'm really happy with the Fronty so far and looking forward to goneMoab and wheeling with you!! The hard part is getting used to the Fronty wheelin compared to the Xterra.

#12 ·
You can also check sudingusnavy and carjeep's builds. They used the same Poison Spider hood louver kits and did fairly extensive write-ups on the procedure

#17 · (Edited)
Hey there,
Yes it's actually a really big difference.

There's pro's and con's to the additional wheelbase in comparison to the Xterra. The two biggest differences are the break over angle going up an obstacle and the *** end hanging out on a descent (which results in using the trailer hitch skid or worse caving in sheet metal) all that being said I love the Fronty and I wish I would've done it sooner.. Oh and honestly it feels more stable than the Xterra because of the longer wheelbase (tippy sections will be interesting though)

#19 ·
Looking good! I gotta ask, ordering the aluminum front bumper soon and was curious if the radiator skid plate still works without the sway bar and calmini DB kit? Not sure how similar it is to the lift you have.

#29 · (Edited)
Thank you Sir!!!

Hey Golf286, big fan of your work,

what's the HAM setup you are running? antenna?

any more install pics?

Thanks Chema!!

The HAM unit is an ICOM ID-880H
the main unit is mounted behind the rear seat and the detachable head unit is mounted in the Upper compartment. We did a fixed mount antenna right above the 3rd light in the cab..
I'll get a few more pics up tomorrow

#45 ·
Well that's one hell of a build! Great work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.