Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Florida4x Build aka Fergie

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Florida4x 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, been waiting until I got to a point I was just about satisfied with the additions/upgrades to start my build thread (if you can call it that).

2015 Pro 4x (non luxury, not sure what this trim is called)

Interior: Wet okole seat covers
Nissan all weather mats
Gracco extend2fit car seat snuggled into back middle seat.

Exterior: front windows tinted to match rear (30ish%) front strip a shade darker
AVS in channel window visors
U-Haul class 3 receiver
Undercover swing out tool box
Tyger trifold bed cover (great purchase in my opinion for 200 bucks from Amazon. Keeps the matching gracco stroller out of the unpredictable yet dependable Florida rain)
I wrestled an 8ft security cable behind the utilitrack to attach cooler or whatever to at least make a less easy target for thieves
Removed the yellow Pro 4x stickers
Removed the front valance
Shrockworks engine skid plate

Suspension: 5100 Bilsteins set at 2in in the front with prg cam bolts

Have prg adjustable shackles ordered. Waiting for shipping notification. I only plan on using the lowest setting to get the rear of the truck up a little because it seems to have dropped with the front being lifted.

I have a question; will 255/85r16 tires fit on my truck as is or is trimming necessary?

Pics to follow...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Tried to find an action shot but closet I could find on my phone is a pic of the little one with truck parked in background.

Either way, my truck is a daily driver but does see plenty of time at the beach year round. I use it to pull my boat and put my kayaks in the bed and take to some fairly remote launches so it sees some mild trails.

And a shot of me with one of my catches in the kayak

#8 ·
The overall ride isn't much different than the stock 4600 series that came on my truck in my opinion. I do notice the roughness on large speed bumps, the bottom kind of drops out. Overall I'm happy I chose to spend the extra bucks over spacers. At some point when I've had the truck long enough and look to get a second car as a daily driver, I'll do some more work up front including coils and control arms so I'll reuse the shocks at a lower setting.

#10 ·
Nice truck, it looks clean. Looks like you stole my skidplate color :D

#11 ·
Thanks man. Reading through your build is basically the direction I'd like to go when my truck takes on a new life as non daily driver. Really like the efficiency and thought you've put into yours. Would love to drive through Montana sometime but that is a long trip from Florida!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.