Dan's Titan Swap Thread - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dan's Titan Swap Thread

Finally got all the parts ready for the titan swap. I will probably be starting sometime next week. I will try to post pictures as I go. And keeping track of what I had to do. So let's start by looking at the parts:

Here's the m205 I picked up at a junk yard in San Diego for $450:

As far as I can tell it is in great shape. I drained the oil, and the oil was very clean. The drain plug magnet had very little shavings (less than then my m226 when I changed the cover, and that was a 2012). The seals look good to me, although I don't really know how to check for sure.

I bought some replacement seals but I'm debating if I should go ahead and replace them now, or see how the used ones hold up and replace them only if necessary.

I'm also debating if I should take the cover off and check the gears or not. Everything seems great on the outside, and the gears turn easily with no weird noises or anything. I know if I want to inspect that, now is the time to do it, but I'm reluctant to take the cover off, reseal it, deal with potential leaks etc..... Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Finally... here are all the parts involved layed out in my garage.

I can make a full list with prices too if anyone is interested. I'm going to keep my radflo 2.0 extended coilovers in the front, but add a 2" spacer for a total of around 5" lift right now.

I'm adding an AAL from Greg on the back and also keeping the block I have right now. I'm replacing the rear bilsteins with the slightly longer ones to accomodate the extra lift. (BTW, I'll have my old bilsteins which have only seen a couple months use available. They are the 5125s good for 2-4" of lift.)

Anyone know if I need to do anything to my brake lines in the rear or will they be fine for 5" of lift?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan Swap Parts (1 of 4).jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	39371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan Swap Parts (2 of 4).jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	39372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan Swap Parts (3 of 4).jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	39373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan Swap Parts (4 of 4).jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	39374  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,237 Times in 2,386 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think a full list with prices would be helpful.

How do your brake lines look now? Mine look kinda snuggish at 2 inches of lift. I seriously doubt they would accomodate 3 more inches of lift.

-Jennifer

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
#3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Shift_Hardcore

How much for the 5125's? You say they have a couple months use, how much of that was spent banging around the trails?

Also, sub'd to follow this.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
#4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
How much for the 5125's? You say they have a couple months use, how much of that was spent banging around the trails?

Also, sub'd to follow this.
I'm thinking $100 for the pair. I've been out around 3-4 times in any serious off-roading. Real slow rock-crawling though, I can't imagine that works the shocks much at all.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sub'd! Awesome man, as mentioned before, prices would be sweet.

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: Coilovers, Titan parts, WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust.
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Cool sounds good. Check them out when you get them off and make sure that the rebound and compression still feels good/solid and maybe snap a pic for me. I figure after only a couple months of use they should still feel like new. When do you expect to have them off the truck?

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 10-26-2012 at 03:15 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
Cool sounds good. Check them out when you get them off and make sure that the rebound and compression still feels good/solid and maybe snap a pic for me. I figure after only a couple months of use they should still feel like new. When do you expect to have them off the truck?
Hopefully sometime next week. I forgot to mention, they don't have any boots on them, ripped them off to avoid the problems people were having with water getting in them.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,157 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to x_mods
Looks good, I'm very interested to see the results

-Nate
#9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Garage
they wouldn't happen to have another three rib diff there would they?

the Mexican drug cartels in Juarez go through and strip vehicles of the 4x4 parts before they hit the junk yards around here, next to impossible for me to find anything. This is what i was told at two different yards

hope the swap goes good for you!

"as i lay rubber down to street, i pray for traction i can keep, but if i spin and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride...amen"
2007 SE 4x4 CC LB Black .............................................Wrecker 426's Truck Build
Sadly traded in on 02NOV2012 for a Black 2012 GMC Terrain SLT-2 for the wife "i'll be back" in a few years due to her car being totaled
#10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker426 View Post
they wouldn't happen to have another three rib diff there would they?

the Mexican drug cartels in Juarez go through and strip vehicles of the 4x4 parts before they hit the junk yards around here, next to impossible for me to find anything. This is what i was told at two different yards

hope the swap goes good for you!
I don't see any more listed at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. Just keep an eye on that site, they pop in and out all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan826 For This Useful Post:
Wrecker426 (10-26-2012)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 2nd Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.