#1 · (Edited)
Username: bbaker06
Year: 2006
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: LE Crew Cab
Color: Super Black

Mods:
Interior: Stock Le leather, oem Rockford system, cobra 29ltd cb radio, LED map lights

Exterior: oem roof rack, sunroof, Thailand open mouth grill. Plastidip oem wheels black, B.O.R.A. wheel spacers.

Drivetrain:all stock

Suspension & Tires: PRG 2" spacers + 4" CST spindles, ss extended brake lines(6"front), 1.5" blocks + prg aal + prg adj shackles, 5125 bilsteins (5" rear) removed mud flaps, Goodyear DuraTrac 285/70r17

Armor: Calmini front pre-runner bumper, calmini rear prerunner bumper.

Performance:. Knock-off Magnaflow muffler, throttle body mesh removed, throttle body coolant line bypass.

Gear and Other: stock utilitrack, Cobra CB radio. narrow tool box in the bed.

In Progress:

wish list: xoskel lopro light cage + lights
to match the front
replace my busted and cracked windshield
to get some better than stock steps/sliders

made a list of things
my truck is a 2006 LE I got it in 2008 it was bone stock when I got it. over the years I've done a little bit to it, you know, just enough to set it apart from all the other frontiers around here
tires goodyear duratracs 285/70r17
front bumper calmini prerunner
rear bumper calmini prerunner
rear bumper shackles 4wheelparts
k & n intake system (used from a CF member)
muffler knock off magnaflow
spindles 4" CST spindles
spacers 2" prg
brake lines prg stainless extended
rear blocks 1.5"
u bolts
shocks bilstein 5125
shackles prg adjustable
wheel spacers B.O.R.A. 1.25"
tool box kobalt lo pro narrow
led bed lights ebay
spray paints duplicolor auto parts store
plasti dip black parts store
cb radio cobra 29ltd truck stop
cb antenna firestik truck stop
stubby stereo antenna pepboys
catfish grill Thailand ebay
knight rider light ebay
LED interior bulbs fyreflys
slotted and drilled rotors and pads powerstop kit
ooogah horn
diy utilitrac tie downs eyebolts and spring nuts (lowes)
hood bug deflector
in channel vent visors
bushwacker fender flares (used craigslist)
weathertech floor liners (used from CF member)
gas and brake pedal covers
LED 3rd brake light
tail light covers

free mods:
throttle body mesh removal
throttle body coolant bypass
sway bar removed

I think that's all I've done. I could be forgetting something but, I'm pretty sure that's all.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
#4 · (Edited)
#5 · (Edited)
also did the throttle body coolant bypass mod as well as the throttle body mesh honeycomb removal. they were free mods and i have not experienced any problems from either but i can't really say that i've seen or felt any gains or improvements either. i think it felt a little more responsive and quicker response, but i've been driving it this way for a while and maybe i'm just use to it now.

sorry i didn't take pics of these mods when i did them but they were pretty simple and straight forward.

#6 ·
pics have been posted.

#7 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
relocated my cb antenna to the rear. i used a 90 degree 4" x 2" steel bracket from lowes, it was in the lumber department, some kind of corner brace for construction stuff. i used drill point screws to attach it to the bed inside teh tailgate along the taillight. before attaching it there i drilled four holes in the short side to mount the antenna bracket. assy. it all and shot a coat of plastidip on it to keep it from rusting.

2012-02-03_17-18-57_955 by brianbaker2012, on Flickr

2012-02-03_17-18-47_700 by brianbaker2012, on Flickr

#10 ·
ordered cst 4" lift spindles today!! install, and before and after pictures will be coming in due time. can't wait for them to get here so i can start wrenching on this rig.

#13 · (Edited)
yes it is a sliding tool box

the tool box is just sitting in my shop now. it would probably still fit with the tonneau cover on but would be very difficult to get in and out of with this tonneau. so basically, yes i believe the box and tonneau would both fit in/on the bed but would it practical, no. and yes the box i have is the factory one that goes in the utilitrack and it does slide from front to back. trying to decide whether or not to sell the box, i've always had a box and never had tonneau so it's taking a little while for me to get use to it. of course everything is for sale for the right price ya know. as for how i like the sliding box it is plenty big and holds alot of stuff but at the same time with this little five foot bed it takes up alot of bed space.

dirty cb antenna mount... do u actually need it or do u just have it for fun?
ha, it's not a dirty antenna mount it's a rusty one hahahahaa...... hmmmm do i need the antenna mount? yes, it holds the antenna. do i need the antenna? yes, it enables me to talk on a cb radio. do i need the cb radio? no i don't need it, but i do want it. and yes i have fun with it. as a daily driver it helps figure out whats going on on the interstate as far as traffic, wrecks, cops etc etc etc and on the trail it's nice to have if everyone else has one so you can communicate while wheeling.

Reactions: minitruckin
#14 ·
i received my used/ but practically new K&N intake system today via usps. i plan on installing it tomorrow during my lunch break. pics will be posted hopefully tomorrow evening.

#15 ·
well i got my intake installed and i am loving it! it sounds good and maybe it's just me or the power of persuasion, but it's seems to have a bit more power and a better throttle response. sorry no pics yet but i'm sure you all know what these look like by now :)

on a side note, i have all my stuff ready for installing my lift, i just have to find the time and the right weather to start on that project but i can't wait!!

#17 ·
Me to Jen. Between the weather, working and family, just waiting on the right weekend to get started.

#18 ·
ok, here is an update for those who care. my lift has been put on hold for some time now due to a long list of things, but it looks like i will be able to do it one week from today....crossing my fingers that nothing else will interupt my plans. pics will be posted as soon as it's done.

#20 ·
LOL thanks Jen :) hopefully nothing will interupt me this time. all the family has been down and visited, we've had kids bday parties the past two weekends, so surely this coming saturday will be mine, ALL MINE ahhahahaahaaa and i will FINALLY get to wrench on my truck.

#22 ·
Can't wait to see the lift put on!! Will be badass,!

#23 ·
thanks guys for the compliments. i've ONLY (sarcastic) wanted to do this lift for about 2years now and i'm finally able to do it. so i'm freakin excited about it, this week will probably be the longest week ever!

#24 ·
good news today..... my boss gave me permission to use part of warehouse that we're not using at the moment.... it's only 12,000 sq ft of free space, that should be enough space to pull my truck in and install a lift, right?:) now i don't have to worry about the rain, the heat, the wind weather will not be a factor this time.....getting excited here..... pictures will be post as soon as possible, saturday isn't going to get here fast enough. anybody want to come to Mobile, Alabama to lend a hand?

#25 ·
alright my plan is still coming together nicely. i got home today and just loaded up the bed of the truck with the spindles, aal's, shocks, brake lines, shackles, tools jacks and alot of other misc. stuff. so i'm loaded and ready to head to the shop first thing in the morning. i'll be starting and the crack of dawn so i'll have time to get done before the alignment shop closes. probably won't sleep a wink tonight.... my mind is replaying all the post i've read on here about how to do everything.

#28 ·
Ok, I'm doing my lift and I can't get the rear bilstein 5125 to slide into the upper shock mount. What's the secret??

#29 ·
I just did my suspension in March..
I installed my upper shock mount first, it slid in with a little wiggle as I pushed in..
I then installed the bottom with the metal sleeve, I strapped my shock a little shorter and then release the strap to fit it in the slot, then shoved that bolt in..

#30 ·
It seems like the upper sock mount shaft is just a little to big for the hole on the shock.

#31 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the 5125's are not a direct fit unless you get them from Greg or modify the ends yourself. I think the ends have to machined down slightly. Where did you get the ones you have? and I'm not sure if it makes a difference but did you try flipping them the other way? I know they can be mounted in either orientation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.