Nissan Frontier Forum banner

05 nismo

180K views 729 replies 62 participants last post by  AndysLog 
#1 ·
as of right now its not really a build. i just like keeping records of what i do. i plan on tswap and some shrocked items by the end of 2013 but we will see how it plays out.

so far this is what i have and done.
i picked up this 2005 nismo king cab with right at 100k for a decent price.
the tires were bad, brakes shot, windshield cracked, cel on (o2 sensor, fuel level sensor) abs, slip, vdc from gsensor, steering wheel sensor and abs actuator. now just slip and vdc on from actuator which is a massive rip off imo. tire pressure sensor on too. and the belt and tensioner was toast

i think that covers the bad, oh ahaha wait the interior smelled like a dogs *** hole.

first thing i got it in for tires and an alignment, got the windshield replaced, did an oil change. took it into the dealer for a 100 point check or whatever. i have trans, xcase, front and rear diff fluids on the way.

heres some pics from the night i got it.

heres from today, although i am super happy i have a house with a two car garage now. its not heated and it was a balmy 25* today. so it was up at the warehouse for maint:) pulling stuff off to grab the belt and tensioner

lol i did a little back and fourth. replaced cabin filter as well.

old/new

all on and running smooth and quiet:)

the interior needed a good clean as well

bay was dirty as balls.

slightly better

got all the gay stickers off and debaged it

more updates as they arrive. :nana:

See less See more
#328 ·
You have done a lot of work on it. Be SURE to bypass the radiator trans cooler lines if you still have the original rad. Assuming you have a auto trans? Check the PCV hose from the manifold to the back of the engine on the passenger side. Mine was very hard and brittle. It's a job getting to the PCV valve also. Clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor. With those miles it needs cleaning. Use CRC brand. It's made for it. Jerry..

#4 ·
playing around at the warehouse today. pulled out spare tire, which by the way i have a 5th nismo rim which i wasnt aware of. score.

removed all the spare tire crap, the carry baby stuff and found a storage locker for my tow strap.

threw my hitch, clevises, and all the ratchet straps in the little storage box.

me pulling the spare tire chain mount out.

#5 ·
so i had a cel due to fuel level and the front passenger o2 sensor.
both easily done. i love my bat powered impact. heres some from the snow we had

heres the old/new o2 sensors

new fuel level sensor

dropping gas tank

pulling fuel system out and cleaning as i go

that thing is huge as ****.

old

old/new

new one going back in.

all together and cleaned up

all back together and bolted back under the truck.

im hoping after the ecu cycles back through it keeps the cel away. running good now though!

#7 ·
duly noted, def looking into nabbing it over this summer.
filled up today and drove roughly 70 miles, no cel and netting 19mpg instead of the normal 13.8 ive been getting lately.

in other news i had some stuff come in. all new fluids for drain and fill on trans, xcase fluid, and both difs. pads and rotors all around. only waiting on the small tube for trans bypass. this is shaping up to be a fun little weekend. cant beat all of this for just under 300$:)

waiting to hear back on the bulk of my tswap. ive got most parts ready and priced at 500$ but i may be able to get some bones off and have it all brand new. ill keep that updated though.

#8 ·
so i got a piss ton of work done today. and two broken fingers. lol jk but maybe.
i got all 4 rotors and pads changed, and got the front and rear difs changed. and the xcase fluid as well. i really wanted to get the trans fluid changed, but my bypass tube hasnt made its way in yet and i didnt wanna go spend more money on another one.

table all ready

hahha i had the tripod out today

ty working on a 370

brakes all done, nothing major or hard to do with them. i just like keeping good records.
ALL of the fluids i replaced today were horrendous. holy ****. i didnt take pics of all the fluid replacement because my fingers were hurting and i was tired and ready to go home. front diff is i would say the worst of the three i did. but if you have a tube about 3.5' and a small funnel you can route it through the engine bay and easy as pie.

my ujoints all need replaced as well. that should be getting done over the next couple weeks. getting a lot of clicking noise at low speeds and vibrations up higher.

and soon when all the maintaining is over, the modding will begin:)

#10 ·
Looking good so far dude. previous owner must have been a complete dumb@ss. Lol
Can't wait to see it with the t-swap,

#12 ·
so i did a drain and fill tonight. as well as removing the pan and inspecting for major chunks or a milky surprise in the bottom. i was expecting it to be horrible since all the other fluids in the truck so far have been beyond bad. i was however surprised and impressed. the fluid was very dark, but didnt smell burnt and the pan was the best one id seen out of the 4 total ive dropped now. and the other three were under 50k. that factor, the fluid, and a couple other small things lead me to believe the trans has been replaced. nothing confirming, just a thought. im going to have the dealer check the maint records next time im there.

i only have a couple more minor things that the last owner should have done and im going to start modding! :)

pulling everything off for bypass

wooh that was easy!

got all of 3.5qts out before dropping the pan. if the truck sat level instead of a rake it would have gotten another qt.

the pan. here is were i was really surprised. there is almost no metal shavings at ALL, the fluid at the bottom was the same consistency and no sludge. i was happy to see this.

heres the trans with no pan. see screen, and speed sensor wires running through.

pan! clean

lol not much of a workbench but oh well

overall i got 5qts and some change out, and some good peace of mind after seeing the pan and doing the bypass.

#13 ·
got my titan uppers in today off a 2011 for 50$ shipped. cant beat that.
my other parts i got an insane hookup on. all brand new. axles, inners and outers, lower control arms. all for 330$ sitting good right now at total investment of 380 on the total swap. trying to decide if its worth it at this point to get the m205. and i honestly would if i got a killer deal on it. but its not needed for what i do.

going to shoot for some spacers in the begging. but eventually step it up with some coilovers and a full rear pack since the truck is trucking at 100k.
more updates as they arrive.

#80 ·
my other parts i got an insane hookup on. all brand new. axles, inners and outers, lower control arms. all for 330$ sitting good right now at total investment of 380 on the total swap. ]

View attachment 47154
Got the swap all together. Still waiting on new hubs though. Should have it done by the end of next weekend if the hubs make it here sometime soon
View attachment 47162

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
So you got R180 "long" axles part of the $330. Are they the PRG ones? Talk about insane hook up. Or are they cobbled together from a Titan and a frontier axle. I am trying to figure out if you can combine the two to make a R180 Titan swap axle.

#19 ·
thats the next on the list. i got the 2" spacers and i know ill have a front end rake now. im just going to hit up a junk yard for a spare leaf for now. then eventually get the deaver pack when i tswap. which will be sooner rather than later by the way.

so far i have under 400$ in it and i have everything but the extended tie rods. just trying to think if i am going to get titan inners and outers as opposed to just throwing an extension on.

#23 ·
i went to the junkyard and picked up some xterra leafs for 40$ took both sets apart and added two leafs to my pack, i grinded some down on the xterra leafs length to fit properly. then added clips on both ends to hold the leafs. new bolt through the center and bolt it back in and depending on how many and what leafs you add. i got 4" out of mine, and i purposely ran without shocks for a couple weeks to break them in a little faster. tossed the shocks on and it felt brand new with lift and tons of flex. with no issues as far as shackles flattening or blocks adding axle wrap. its what i plan to do with this truck as well, for the price. its insane.

#24 ·
i promise ill start updating this thing better over the weekend. ill add pictures and everything.

as of right now, truck is torn mostly apart in the garage. i finished ordering everything i need for my titan swap. i got in right under 700$ those ****ing axles are expensive. i can titan swap for under 300$ if i was 2wd hahaha. my calmini bumper is on order. and there are some things i need to fix that have broken in the wreck. but all should be back together and on the road by the end of july. promise ill throw up some pics soon!

#26 ·
man im lazy. got most of the titan swap done. getting hubs tonight so i should get the truck on the ground tonight or tomorrow sometime. tires came in today as well as the facia/valance.

so heading in for an alignment and tires mounting and balancing this weekend.
side note this is the first time im trying retreads. so im pretty excited since ive gotten these tires for 640$ shipped.