Nissan Frontier Forum banner

The Punisher

178K views 584 replies 51 participants last post by  Jakenoack 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess I need to do a build thread. My 03 is starting to show it's age so I started fixing it up in march. Did the roll on Herculiner bedliner on the bed and sides of the truck, I've been playing with LED light bars, I've already ordered the Calmini 3" lift. I have the Moto Metal Skull wheels 17x9 and I am waiting on the Kumho Road Venture Mts 265/70r17 which should be here friday.

I have been toying around with the idea of a 70s style air dam on the front. It would be made from diamond plate and sprayed black. This is a mockup I did in cardboard. I don't think it would effect clearance too much as it doesn't extend past the Go-Rhino Push bar. Still not sure about it.

Year:2003
Model:Crew Cab shortbed
Trim:6cyl XE 2wd
Color:Super Black

More pictures of the progress in my profile pic album for those who haven't seen it.

The Calmini is backordered so I don't know when that gets here. I will also do the ARB locker over the summer since my frontier is the 2wd model.

I also put in a new Sony head unit, Kicker speakers and an underseat Kenwood SW11 mini subwoofer. Sounds clearer and more full range than the factory sound. I just put in new leather from Leatherseats.com. VERY happy with those. Will gets pics tomorrow maybe. Lots of work but they look factory installed. I'm going to get the punisher logo embroidered in the headsets. :)

These are the wheels.

EDIT:

Per request these are some old pictures of the truck in the good ole days. Probably only a couple years old in these. ::smile::

This is when it would sink like a rock in the sand and I had to be super careful. First thing I did when I bought it was put that brush guard on it (it is still on the truck) and those cheap autozone offroad lights. I didn't even hook them up for the first year..lol Then I welded in the ATV ramps in the bed and that was it. Ignored the poor thing until May of 2014.

Here is when I brought it home. You can just make out the date in the temporary tags.

See less See more
1 10
#14 ·
Sorry guys it was a really long day at work! The step tube came like that. I bought that Go-Rhino brush guard the same year I bought the truck in 2003. Just recently I removed the sides of the guard to turn it into a police style push bar.

#5 ·
Did you do a lot of prep before putting the liner on? It look's really good. I've been thinking about doing the sides, fenders, and bumpers on my truck.

#8 · (Edited)
Yea Zeb, I like them silver too, but I wanna see how they look in black to make them go with the black skull on the hood and when I do the headrests the skulls will be black too.

I taped everything off and sanded it all down. Not to the metal, just make it rough. Then I cleaned it with acetone. I did all the sides and the nose in one afternoon.

#6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll probably make the airdam just to see how it looks. It won't cost much and it will be easy to remove if it looks like "too much". When I get the wheels mounted I am going to plasti-dip them black just to make them go along with the all black theme. If the skulls are too hard to see in black I will just peel off the dip.

Here are the hood pics. The clear coat is starting to go bad on the factory paint so I decided to have some fun with it.

Oh and this is sorta the look I am going for. In spirit anyway.

#15 ·
Which part? The hood or the bedliner? I just made sure everything was taped off real good. The roll on Herculiner is very forgiving, easy to put on. If you mean the hood I have some pics when I was masking it off.

#11 ·
The hood is killer! I think the wheels will look better in silver/black... but also would be interested in seeing them plasti-dipped just to see.

#17 · (Edited)
OK tires came in. I'm still going to plasti-dip these black but here they are in silver. 32 inch Kumho Road Venture mt 265/70r17

Surprisingly it took only minor fender cutting to get these to work even without the lift kit. Hopefully it will look even better once the Calmini gets here.

These are 10 ply tires. Very heavy! The truck rides very similar to when I had the ATV in the back..lol. Takes off and stops sluggish in comparison to the lighter smaller street tires. I am going to upgrade the brakes but I guess I will just have to get used to it. :)

I am very happy that I was able to retain the stock mudflaps. I cut maybe an inch or more inside the flap, and a couple inches on the front inside corner to make them work. I also tested them under compression to make sure even under load they still clear. I slightly relocated the front fender support bar and one of the mounting screws for the mud flap.

#19 ·
I also forgot to show you guys the leather seats. These cost me $780 shipped from leatherseats.com but I had to install them myself. These are not slip covers you have to remove the cloth and hog ring the leathers in place.

Please forgive how dirty the truck is I have dogs. :) Also I haven't had the punisher logo embroidered in the headrest yet and I haven't installed the door inserts that come with the kit. I'll be doing that this month I hope. I am also going to do a detailed clean up on the inside and get new floormats and so on.

#21 ·
Moving some of the pics I posted in other threads to my build thread. Just to keep everything together.

Welded in ATV ramps with Herculiner

Herculiner on the body of the truck

Herculiner on the roof

39" lightbar mounted in the factory airdam holes

24" lightbar mounted in the front grill

20" lightbar replacing the factory cargo light

#23 ·
They look sick in all black! I was clearly wrong.

#26 ·
I'm going to be replacing the Frontier badge on the tailgate with "PUNISHER" as soon as I can find some letters large enough. They have them all over the place but they are so small! Calmini is now telling me another two weeks at least before the 3" ships. It's already been 22 something days since I order. :serious:. I might do the ARB just to keep me busy. I try to do a little bit every weekend.

#28 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention this "mod". More of a fix really. Some of you may know that the cross members that support the middle of the roof are only glued to the roof! The cross member is bolted on the pillars, but under the roof it is just glued to the sheet metal. After 11 years in the Vegas heat the glue wore out and my roof become very floppy. When I would wash it for example the roof would flap like a sheet of paper or something. Just before I Herculined the roof I took off the headliner and bolted those members to the sheet metal. I used the Herculiner to seal all the bolts from leaks.

Sorry for the crappy pic they don't show up very well. The roof flexes much less now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.