Nissan Frontier Forum banner

The Punisher

178K views 584 replies 51 participants last post by  Jakenoack 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess I need to do a build thread. My 03 is starting to show it's age so I started fixing it up in march. Did the roll on Herculiner bedliner on the bed and sides of the truck, I've been playing with LED light bars, I've already ordered the Calmini 3" lift. I have the Moto Metal Skull wheels 17x9 and I am waiting on the Kumho Road Venture Mts 265/70r17 which should be here friday.

I have been toying around with the idea of a 70s style air dam on the front. It would be made from diamond plate and sprayed black. This is a mockup I did in cardboard. I don't think it would effect clearance too much as it doesn't extend past the Go-Rhino Push bar. Still not sure about it.

Year:2003
Model:Crew Cab shortbed
Trim:6cyl XE 2wd
Color:Super Black

More pictures of the progress in my profile pic album for those who haven't seen it.

The Calmini is backordered so I don't know when that gets here. I will also do the ARB locker over the summer since my frontier is the 2wd model.

I also put in a new Sony head unit, Kicker speakers and an underseat Kenwood SW11 mini subwoofer. Sounds clearer and more full range than the factory sound. I just put in new leather from Leatherseats.com. VERY happy with those. Will gets pics tomorrow maybe. Lots of work but they look factory installed. I'm going to get the punisher logo embroidered in the headsets. :)

These are the wheels.

EDIT:

Per request these are some old pictures of the truck in the good ole days. Probably only a couple years old in these. ::smile::

This is when it would sink like a rock in the sand and I had to be super careful. First thing I did when I bought it was put that brush guard on it (it is still on the truck) and those cheap autozone offroad lights. I didn't even hook them up for the first year..lol Then I welded in the ATV ramps in the bed and that was it. Ignored the poor thing until May of 2014.

Here is when I brought it home. You can just make out the date in the temporary tags.

See less See more
1 10
#552 · (Edited)
No tabs :), the steering is called swing steering. Something Austin uses on his race truck. The Dirt King by design has a very swallow turning radius so we were able to shorten the pitman arm and still go lock to lock. Gives the steering box much more leverage. Even with the big tires it turns as easily as it was before.

This is bad ***! Watching that suspension travel is too much fun, my wallet hurts just thinking about that setup. Did you have the shop install the "long bed" fiberglass bed sides and then cut them to fit a short bed? I've never been able to find pre-runner/fiberglass style components for the short beds.
Thanks man! Yea I looked all over and no one sells glass for the short bed. I mounted all the fiberglass. I had to chop the bedsides like that because it needs the clearance for the long travel. Nothing I can really do about it. Hopefully it all blends together after I paint it black.

#551 ·
This is bad ***! Watching that suspension travel is too much fun, my wallet hurts just thinking about that setup. Did you have the shop install the "long bed" fiberglass bed sides and then cut them to fit a short bed? I've never been able to find pre-runner/fiberglass style components for the short beds.

#565 ·
Suspension looks like it is working awesome!
Any plans on a cage and doing some racing?
SNORE is a good organization in your area.

#566 ·
Not for a while at least... maybe one day!

This video is awesome Metal. The truck looks and performs amazing! And, another fantastic video production!
Ha, thanks man! Took me long enough to get it here though!

There appears to be something missing on the hood Eric.
Well they put a skull on the skid plate, can't have one on the hood too...

#571 ·
^ that is awesome! I always wanted to ask you when you were going to duplicate your famous 4 wheeler pic (where your 1/2 way to the sky), with the truck, and this is pretty darn close!

#581 ·
Matter of opinion. My Dodge is better than both! Just my opinion.

#582 ·
One of my favorite builds on here. Just read from 1st to last page. Awesome work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.