Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New Audio

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sckc 
#1 ·
Has anyone put the Pioneer TS-A1306C in their truck? Im curious to know how easy the installation is and if its really worth it. Also what some back door speakers and head-unit that would go with it and not break my bank account.

#2 ·
I installed aftermarket stereos and aftermarket speakers into my '98 and 2004, and into daughter's '98 Pathfinder. The install kits (e.g. Metra from Autozone) make it easier, and I soldered wires whenever a connection was needed.

Note that the Nissan speaker mounts and speaker wire connections are proprietary, so be prepared to drill and solder, unless maybe Crutchfield.com has adapter kits.

There are posts about taking off the door panels to access speakers without breaking anything, read those.

#3 ·
#5 ·
the tsa 1306c are a 5.25" component speakers. It wouldnt be much harder to squeeze a tsa 1606c 6.5" set in the front doors. im a fan of these entry level pioneer component sets. they get decently loud, sound good, and have a small tweeter and crossover that fit almost anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.