post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_RUSH View Post
Any thoughts on replacing 'DESERT' w/ 'JUNGLE'?
Haha that would be really awesome! I definitely think something like that would be really neat since I don't see much desert. How would one do such a modification? Is there a good website?

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Pro4X View Post
^ oh that frame and step rail paint looks great. Matches nicely and pulls the whole theme together. very nice.
Thanks! I'm much happier with it being black.

Jurassic Park - The Juggernaut
2001 Nissan Frontier Dessert Runner - SE King Cab V6
Overhead lamps - Hella 500 series 12v/55w Halogen
Bed-mounted Roll bar
3 inch body lift
"An Adventure 65 Million Years in the Making"

Last edited by The Juggernaut; 11-27-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to The Juggernaut For This Useful Post:
2013Pro4X (11-27-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
I got an O2 sensor replaced. Now I can happily say that I don't have a "Service Engine" light on anymore. Which makes me feel better.

I also had my mechanic put my brush guard I bought off of the Letgo app. It was from an old Dodge Dakota. So I couldn't just bolt it up. He had to heat bend it to fit.

Unbeknownst to me, this brush guard was warped. Probably the last owner hit something and I couldn't really tell until it's been put on the truck. When I bought it it looked straight. The mechanic bent it up as much as he felt safe but it's aluminum so he didn't want to ruin it. I might try bending it up some too, but i doubt I can fix it.

I'm happy with how it looks for the most part! From the front though you can tell the passenger side isn't straight.

Here's a straight forward picture and some up close pictures of where I had him cut the body for braces and bend the arms to attach to the frame. It's bolted on.

Next thing I'll have done is put my winch on. He didn't have any metal to install it yesterday. So when he gets a plate made ill go back and have the winch on, then I'll take a break from upgrading the truck. The past few months alone I've spent almost what I paid for it in upgrades. Bleh, don't want to think about that haha.

A question for anyone who has had an LSD rear differential for a long time:
---Does the LSD wear out? And how long?

When my truck was up on the lift last time I spun the rear driver, and I was expecting the passenger side tire to spin the same direction, as it is supposed to. To my surprise it spun the opposite direction. >
I saw one an old post saying one went out after 30,000 miles. Mine is wayyy past that. I think I'm at 159k miles. Does it sound like mine could have worn itself out?

What would you do? I don't want another one wheel squeal truck again. And I don't have the money for an ARB locker, which sounds awesome, or a 4x4 SAS which would be the dream option.

Thoughts are appreciated!

Bed-mounted Roll bar
3 inch body lift
MetalAlien (12-01-2016)
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Thanked 1,582 Times in 750 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to MetalAlien For This Useful Post:
The Juggernaut (12-09-2016)
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
Haha that would be really awesome! I definitely think something like that would be really neat since I don't see much desert. How would one do such a modification? Is there a good website?

Thanks! I'm much happier with it being black.

You could find someone who has a vinyl cutter who could do a custom decal. I have a friend who can do that. Not sure how much he'd charge. But imagine "jungle" written in the same font as JP. He made a decal for me years ago for my old frontier, lasted several years. Good considering the decal had lots of fine lines that held up incredibly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Juggernaut likes this.

=/\= Firemanspock=/\=
The Following User Says Thank You to firemanspock For This Useful Post:
The Juggernaut (12-09-2016)
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
Cool truck! Keep up the nice mods

2004 Nissan Frontier / Crew Cab Long Bed / 4x4
Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram: http://Instagram.com/clofan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clofan For This Useful Post:
MetalAlien (01-01-2017), The Juggernaut (01-14-2017)
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
A question for anyone who has had an LSD rear differential for a long time:
---Does the LSD wear out? And how long?

When my truck was up on the lift last time I spun the rear driver, and I was expecting the passenger side tire to spin the same direction, as it is supposed to. To my surprise it spun the opposite direction. >
I saw one an old post saying one went out after 30,000 miles. Mine is wayyy past that. I think I'm at 159k miles. Does it sound like mine could have worn itself out?

What would you do? I don't want another one wheel squeal truck again. And I don't have the money for an ARB locker, which sounds awesome, or a 4x4 SAS which would be the dream option.

Thoughts are appreciated!

Late reply but might as well... If your truck is up in the air and it is not in neutral and you spin one tire it will spin the other in the opposite direction because the drive shaft can not move. When you put it in neutral with both rear tires off the ground it should spin the drive shaft and both tires should spin the same. Im over 182k miles on mine and its still working fine and I have abused it on dirt roads for years so I know it has gotten lots of use. Even with the LSD you might get a bit of tire squeal before the clutch pack in the diff engage.

2002 Nissan Frontier
2001 Chevy Prizm
2005 Harley Davidson Road Glide
The Following User Says Thank You to nthorn For This Useful Post:
The Juggernaut (01-14-2017)
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthorn View Post
Late reply but might as well... If your truck is up in the air and it is not in neutral and you spin one tire it will spin the other in the opposite direction because the drive shaft can not move. When you put it in neutral with both rear tires off the ground it should spin the drive shaft and both tires should spin the same. Im over 182k miles on mine and its still working fine and I have abused it on dirt roads for years so I know it has gotten lots of use. Even with the LSD you might get a bit of tire squeal before the clutch pack in the diff engage.
Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks, this gives me hope haha. I wasn't sure if my LSD was gone of not. I'll give it a try next time I have my truck up in the air the way you said it. I'm very thankful for the reply, it's never too late haha. Thanks nthorn!

I wasn't sure but I know I can still kick up rooster tails last I checked (or whatever you want to call them) with both tires and not just one tire like my old Ford Ranger.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Haven't been able to do much and won't be able to for a while because of money. Had some unforeseen personal travel due to holiday family fun and also unfortunately family passing away and went back and forth from Florida, South Carolina, back to Florida, up to Georgia, South Carolina once more, and back to Florida. Also visited Massachusetts by plane. So all in all I have negative money left (bills and credit card). So once I am back on track I'll do my next mod. Not even sure what that is yet but I'll just wait and see haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clofan View Post
Cool truck! Keep up the nice mods
Thanks for the support!

Bed-mounted Roll bar
3 inch body lift

Last edited by The Juggernaut; 01-14-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Oh, I almost forgot to say that I have broken both of my roof lights. This is both a sad happenstance to me, and a prideful accomplishment because it means I now have to replace them, but also means I finally can say I have a tall truck. Haha.
I was backing into my girlfriend's parents' house with their Christmas tree in the bed. I have parked in their carport before and had no problems. But now with all my lift I apparently am too high for the carport, and smashed both of them. One is actually shattered missing glass.
So unfortunately and also fortunately I have to upgrade once I am able to. For now I put the plastic covers on them until I'm ready. I'm going to rewire it for LEDs when I do upgrade. That's my plan anyway.
Also I think I fried my trailer wiring harbess/circuit with a bad trailer. Constantly pulled power until the wires were hot then I smelled electrical smoke and saw the little black box smoking so I pulled the plug. Happened today. Still mad about it but I'll figure out what to do.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Bed-mounted Roll bar
3 inch body lift
2013Pro4X (01-14-2017)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 1st Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.