Cobra 29 LX CB Radio
2 Kicker 10" Comp R powered by a dxa1000 kicker amp in a custom box
ARB CKMTA12 full duty compressor for airing up and running the lockers

Armor:
RPN off road (local jeep guys) rear bumper
RLC welding and Fab front bumper
shrockworks rock sliders

Performance:
have a built engine VG33E, JWT S1 cams, port and polished, balanced, bored, will go in at next timing belt interval at 210,000 miles.

DT Headers, into a complete custom exhaust from header all the way out. one magna flow cat per bank, and into a dual in /single out magna flow muffler. all 2.5" pipe

Dual electric fan conversion, Flex A Lite 412

K&N drop in filter

to come in the near future:
Fiberglass front fenders, Rugged rocks hi output alternator, winch ,and Hydro assist.

See less See more
#6 ·
MLS head gasket? I dropped the truck off at the shop the yesterday. i literally do not have time to mess with it. i wouldn't mind doing it if i had more time. but I'm a full time college student and a full time aviation A&P tech. so i literally have only 6 hours a week to work on stuff total. if i had done it in the past and was more comfortable doing it i would do it myself then get the heads machined and throw it back on. I'm have the shop go through the lifters valve guides etc.... while they have it apart. since the company that rebuilt it did a half ask job.

#15 ·
update on the engine build. have the whole engine torn down. i have JWT s1 cams currently on the way to my front door. doing some research it seams its the better way to go then getting vg30 cams. which are also none existent where i am located.

machine shop is going to do the following...
*hot tank
*clean up all mating surfaces
*mic the crank, polish the crank
*completely balance the crank, fly wheel, and front pulley all together
*do a bowl job on the heads. which him personally working on the VG engine has found it gets more gains then doing a port and polish job, shown with flow bench results.
*i will port and polish the heads, they will clean up and do the fine tuning of the port and polish using the flow bench
* bore .20 over and has ordered a equivalent of the Sealed Power pistons.
* and will install the Jim wolf technologies cams in the heads.

they offered todo a lot of the head work for a very reasonable price since i work with a good buddy of his. so they offered to dissemble and go through the heads for me.

soon to come to the truck. full exhaust manifolds back. no shop around here will do any work on my truck if they see that i have the headers on the truck since it is removing two of the cats.

i will have the muffler shop use two high flow cats, then crossover into a dual in muffler. still talking to the shop to see whats going to give the best flowing exhaust without loud drones.

#20 ·
i never have had really any pictures on this thread so ill give some pictures for before and after. i can't find pictures of when it was bone stock right now ill get them up one day.
so heres a few pics.
what it look like with suspension lift, stock wheels, and 31x10.5's
some wheeling pics
then custom bumper from the jeep guys
then came new wheels
then came BL
and what i do for a living

Attachments

#21 ·
heres some more

Attachments

#22 ·
donor X for the vg33E I'm building

Attachments

#24 ·
thanks its a work in progress! plan to do SAS when these tires are bad. haven't decided if ill do a 3 link or leaf springs. probably will be leaf spring just for the price.

gonna do a front bumper, and sliders next.
after the engine I'm building is done being built.

heres some more pics of the engine build disassembly and taken to the machine shop

Attachments

#33 ·
its a automatic. JWT said the S2 cam would not work well in a automatic unless you do a custom torque converter. i don't know yet what I'm going to use to tune the truck. i talked to JWT and they actually specifically told me that even with all the work I'm doing that the stock ECU will handle everything fine. JWT does offer aftermarket ECUs but not for the frontiers or the xterras. supposedly due to that reason. so well see. the only other way i know i could tune it is with a AEM F/C something. and thats 500$ then the closest person that can tune AEM is 4 hours away and they told me it would be about 1200$ to tune, andddddd if state inspection sees a Piggy back ECU like that i will fail state inspection. they don't care about emissions just the piggyback ECU. still haven't figured that out yet. i have heard through from two companies saying i should be fine without a tune.

#35 ·
yeah thats the plan! onlything i would like todo that would probably require a tune would to be a way come up with a hotter ignition. i don't know if my booster is going bad or not but i looked at the spark coming from the coil and it was weak all the way around. so i don't know if its the booster/ capacitor or just its a weak spark to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.