Bug Out Frontier Build - Page 6 - Nissan Frontier Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hmm I'll have to check, but I think we have something like that at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I haven't posted in a while because I've been both busy and broke but Santa didn't forget about my Frontier this Christmas. I got some new Pro Comp Series 51 Steel Wheels (15x8 with 3.75 backspacing) and I got the Smittybilt Jeep Molle Seat covers. I got the wheels fitted up yesterday at Discount Tire. I only seem to rub when at full lock going right (passenger side) which I find a tad odd. I'll have to check and see about trimming, though I might just crank my torsion bars another 1/2" if it isn't a major rub. If it all ends up being too much work I'll just drive carefully until I can get my lift and get that installed. The seat covers are awesome. I know it kills the leg room in the back but the 1st gens never had much room to began with and I basically use the back seat as a lockable cargo area any ways so it's no major loss in my book. I ordered some non-adhesive 2" velcro so I can extend the strap that goes in-between the seat back and the actual seat, once I extend that a tad the front of the cover should fit right and strap down the front of my seat instead of being on top of it. They were designed for Jeep seats but they look like they were built for the Frontier once you adjust them properly. I imagine they'd fit basically any seat if you have the patience to adjust them right when you install them.

Last edited by ctrcic; 12-31-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Broken Image Links
The Following User Says Thank You to ctrcic For This Useful Post:
Zedbra (01-21-2017)
post #53 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

I extended the bottom strap of the seat covers using some sew-on 2" velcro and the seat covers fit much better now. I haven't quite filled all the pouches yet but I'll be stashing some hi-lift accessories and other items in them soon. I can think of a couple other useful accessories for them, like hydration packs on the back of each seat for long trips, etc. I also got my center caps from Discount Tire this week, took me maybe 30 minutes to pull all 4 wheels off and get them installed. After trying at 7 different retailers I finally found out that 4x4parts was the only place that still had the discontinued Volants for the 1st gen Frontiers/Xterra. Hopefully after I get my tax return I can get the 3" lift from 4x4parts too. I also plan on fabricating a roof rack and bed rack sometime in the near-ish future.

Soon I'll be installing some a couple of things I've ordered that aren't here yet:
- Volant CAI
- Airaid Throttle Body Spacer (I know these haven't been popular on here but I figured what the hell)
- Steering Enhancement Package from 4x4parts
- DT Headers

post #54 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I'd be excited to find a set of those wheels in 16 inch but all the ones I keep finding seem to not clear the front brakes on the 2nd gen V6 trucks. It makes me wonder how much you would have to grind off to make them fit, lol.
post #55 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

I don't about trimming these wheels to fit a 2nd gen but have you looked at the arctic wheels for the 2nd gens? Those are the only 15" wheels that fit 2nd gens that I know of.
post #56 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Grind off the caliper, not the wheels....
post #57 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Well now I feel silly lol I needed more coffee this morning
The Following User Says Thank You to ctrcic For This Useful Post:
4thNissan'05 (02-28-2017)
post #58 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrcic View Post
Well now I feel silly lol I needed more coffee this morning

No worries, I was not specific and when you look at the different generations it's hard to say what anyone might be grinding.
post #59 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
No worries, I was not specific and when you look at the different generations it's hard to say what anyone might be grinding.
Yeah I didn't think about that haha I have done a fair bit of reading up on 2nd gens (hoping one day to get one and go crazy on it) but talked myself out of trying to get one in a rush because I know as soon as I get a 2nd gen I'm going to want to spend a butt load of $ on it. On a complete side note, for anyone that is a fan of the Gobi Stealth Racks on other vehicles I found out from a Gobi Rep that they plan on making a Frontier specific line of Gobi racks this year.
post #60 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

So I started installing the steering stabilizer today, ran into some unexpected issues for such a simple bolt on job. Following 4x4parts instructions online it says to leave the bottom washer on the idler arm in place when you put on their brace, if I leave the washer on it makes it impossible to get the idler arm brace on. Taking it off, I can fit the brace on but then the bottom of the brace sits right against the bushings. There also seems to be some overlap between the recovery point on the frame and the brace that I haven't seen in other pictures of this brace installed... My idler arm doesn't seem damaged and nothing looks bent. Does anyone know if the bottom washer is 100% required? Or has anyone run into a similar problem installing their brace?

Here it is without the washer:

And here it is with the bottom washer in place.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 1st Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.