Bug Out Frontier Build - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very nice, once you put a cold air intake on it it will really change the way it sounds. Even in the second audio file it still sounds like its trying to get more air.

When I changed to a after cat magnaflow exhaust I spent a day trying to get the bolts out with pb blaster and was about to cut the bolts off when a friend took my torch and heated the bolt up until it almost glowed and then he was able to get it out with no problem. You can also take piece of wax and after heating the bolt stick it on it and it will pull the wax into the threads to make it easier to get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
That's a pretty cool trick with the torch and wax. I didn't have a torch so I made do with my Dremel and actually rented a Sawzall from HomeDepot. Running on limited tools sucks! I will definitely try that wax trick next time I do any stuck bolt related work. I think I am done with exhaust mods for a good long time now, if I do DT Headers I will have them professionally installed so they can fabricate some custom pipes with Magnaflow Cats and relocated 02 sensors.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctrcic For This Useful Post:
whistler (08-26-2016)
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ya having limited tools can really make it hard to get stuff done. I have a thing for tools tho and can do almost any project with what I have. If you do do headers definitely take them to a shop, from what I have seen they can be a bit difficult to get off.
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Haven't posted in a while but hopefully before the end of this summer I'll have some cool updates.

Sadly most of my work lately has been repair related and not as fun. I just had to replace my power steering pressure line and a few other odds and ends. I am leaking oil rather profusely from apparently 3 potential places. My valve covers, oil pan seal, and rear main seal all seem to be sources of moisture down under. Not very happy but I'm having a shop look at it tomorrow to get a quote (I don't have the tools to DIY anything that involved sadly) and my transfer case seems to be leaking as well. Considering I just crested 200K I suppose it's expected.

Happier news, I managed to get my hands on a welder and an angle grinder and plan on making some bumpers and rock sliders, if I can find money for steel, so I'm looking forward to documenting that process. I did manage to snag a Navarra grill from overseas and have repainted it to add some contrast to the front of my truck. I'll be putting that on with my new bumper once I get around to making it! Amazon still hasn't shipped my Volant Intake so I haven't been able to put that in either. I ordered it in December so my patience is wearing thin.

Here's a pic of the grill all repainted. It will look pretty sweet once it's installed and my hood is de-badged.

FroggyMcNasty likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctrcic For This Useful Post:
MetalAlien (07-02-2016), Sikk84 (09-07-2016), whistler (08-26-2016)
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
The grille will look sweet! I need to find one!
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I've been looking for that grille too. Love the looks of the oversees D22 and WD22s. Did you get it off of ebay?

2002 XE CC 2wd 5spd: Torsion bar crank (leveled), NISMO Cat-Back, Rustoleum Bedliner flares & bumpers, Rhinolined bed, GM tow hooks, AUX cable soldered to Rockford Fosgate 6 disc changer, Stock CAI (baffle removal), Custom ~$10 Jerry Can Mounts, Club Frontier decal.
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 03:15 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrcic View Post
Happier news, I managed to get my hands on a welder and an angle grinder and plan on making some bumpers and rock sliders, if I can find money for steel, so I'm looking forward to documenting that process.
I'm in kinda the same boat except I got my hands on a friend with the tools Post something up if you find a good, affordable source for the steel. I'm out in Laveen, but I'll go anywhere in the valley for a good enough deal.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

I did get the grille off of eBay. It was shipped from the UK but only cost me $40 total! I was pretty happy.

I found a place here in Phoenix that will do custom laser cutting too in addition to selling steel, I haven't had a chance to call them yet because I've been busy moving but I'm hoping if I moc up my bumper I can have them cut it all out before I pick it up then it'd be like putting together a model kit! Plus it'd save me a hell of a lot of time.

In other news, my truck is officially leak free! My oil filter had been over tightened and was spewing oil all over the underside of my truck causing pools in various areas and making it look like I had multiple leaks. Couldn't have been more grateful for a $15 fix to what I had been concerned was going to be a multiple hundred dollar problem.
whistler (08-26-2016)
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Got to take one final summer trip a while back. Went out and explored the Rolls OHV Area here. Had some fun with lots of sandy hills. Did put some good scratches in the clear coat but it was nothing that couldn't be fixed with the magic of some good scratch remover and wax.

Last edited by ctrcic; 08-20-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MetalAlien (08-27-2016)
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

I haven't posted any updates in a while so here's what I've been up to:

I had to change out my Evap Vapor Canister Vent Valve and Vapor Canister Purge Valve along with some hoses because I had sprung a few Evap leaks. I also decided now was as good a time as any to put my new headlights on (my old ones were fogged as all hell) so I got my new black lights on. I also decided to test fit my Navara grill and commit to prepping my bumper build. Here are the first few pics! More to come.

MetalAlien (08-27-2016)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 1st Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.