Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2001 supercharged EGR , PVC VALVE LOCATIONS , POOR RUNNING , MISSING

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shift_RUSH 
#1 ·
WHERE ARE THE EGR VALVE & PVC VALVES LOCATED ? ON 2001 3.3 V-6 SUPERCHARGED . BEEN HAVING A LOT OF ISSUES, RUNS GREAT ONE DAY & NEXT SERVICE ENG LIGHT FLASHES , SPUTTERS & WON'T HARDLY RUN -- NEXT DAY RUNS FINE ?
THINK MAY HAVE THE CARBON BUILD UP PROBLEM ALWAYS HEARING ABOUT!! GOING TO TRY FLUSHING MOTOR , & A FEW PARTS . HELP ME!! :frown:

#2 ·
Have you checked your rotor? I had pretty much the same experience on my "04. When first starting it up for the day it would sputter, run rough and ses light would flash. After the engine was warmed up seemed like it would run fine, but the next day say issue. Was like that for a week until i had taken the distributor cap off and noticed the rotor was done for. The metal contact in the center of the rotor was completely gone. New cap, rotor, plugs and wires, issue fixed.
Hopefully your problem is as easy as mine was.

#3 ·
Had a similar issue in '00 XE. Pretty sure it was condensation forming inside dist cap overnight = making for TOUGH cold/cool AM restarts. Once a few miles down the road = problem gone until next morning. New cap fixed it every time. I'd also replace the rotor for good measure, fwiw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.