12mm x 1.25x 160mm bolt
2" x 2.5 " blocks what ever color u want

count how many body mounts u have for the bed , you will need
10mm x 1.25 x 100mm
2" x 2" blocks what ever color u want

count how many places the bed is sitting on the frame , you will need

2" bed spacers

here is the link where i got the bolts http://www.chromebolts.info/default.asp

here is the link www.4crawler.com all u need to do is email him the blocks and spacers nothing else

bumper relocation brackets youll have to find a shop to make them up or do it yourself

mods please sticky this and lock it

See less See more
#2 ·
penski,

did you have to do anything about the steering?

so basically, this kit is a 2" kit right? so to make it a 3" kit, just add an inch to the length of the bolts and spacers right?

#5 ·
thats why i said it would require effort on your part everything is list of what u need for the kc and cc all u have to do is count body mounts for the cab and bed thats the only diff between kc and cc is how many of for the bed and cab

#6 · (Edited)
mcmaster.com has a grip of selection for bolts including the ones stated on the first post. they have longer bolts too if you want a bigger spacer.

this is the bolt for the one on the first post.
12mm x 1.25 x 120mm part no. --> 91180A723
10mm x 1.25 x 100mm part no. --> 91180A662

or catalog pg. 3075

#7 ·
bamer02 said:
mcmaster.com has a grip of selection for bolts including the ones stated on the first post. they have longer bolts too if you want a bigger spacer.

this is the bolt for the one on the first post.
12mm x 1.25 x 120mm part no. --> 91180A723
10mm x 1.25 x 100mm part no. --> 91180A662

or catalog pg. 3075
You need a 160mm in the m12??? so everyone has 120's but 160 is a hard length to find.

part # 5243T27 is gray UHMW @ $14 a ft. and the 2" is $10.
24$ plus shipping and I'll machine my own thank you.

#8 · (Edited)
my fault. I misread the numbers. mcmaster has the 160mm also.

tha_reids said:
You need a 160mm in the m12??? so everyone has 120's but 160 is a hard length to find.

part # 5243T27 is gray UHMW @ $14 a ft. and the 2" is $10.
24$ plus shipping and I'll machine my own thank you.

hey man, would you be willing to machine me a set too? of course, ill pay parts and labor.

#10 ·
bamer02 said:
my fault. I misread the numbers. mcmaster has the 160mm also.
hey man, would you be willing to machine me a set too? of course, ill pay parts and labor.
Hey bamer02,
I can only find 160mm in a 1.75 thread pitch, not the fine thread (1.25 pitch). If you can post that part# that would be great.
Let me get the UHMW first and see how how it cuts. I've got a triple chip blade that runs thru all our hard plastics like butter without melting.

penski,
You find any 10.6 class bolts in the m12?
I would feel better sitting on grade 8's for the mid and rear of cab if the oem bolts are 8.8s. From what I see, nobody makes the high strength bolts with fine thread which makes sense.

#11 ·
reids--> where are you from? i might be able to get some help with the bolts from a friend's dad who is a machinist. ill go ask if he can make some grade 8+++ bolts at 160mm long. only if i had not sold my lathe and other machines. crap.

#13 ·
i might stick with the 2" coz its been done (custom). if i go 3", i wont have a lot of leeway to customize and fab things up if anything goes wrong. i dont even know if i have to extend the steering column. i guess i can get some 180mm long bolts too. i just have to the friend's dad if he can come up with one.

#14 ·
I ordered the grey uhmw from mcmaster.com
1ft of 2.5" and 2ft of 2" so that I don't end up with a 1.875" lift.
That would suck! You know everyone here would want that last 1/8th.

I went to order the bolts from the link but they are closed until the 17th. I will head to Ace in the morning and see if they can special order.
I don't think having someone machine them is an option really. Short run manufacturing is expensive compared to mass production and I'm sure most of us are trying to do this as cheap as possible.
I checked a site I found 5 months ago that has individual PA lift blocks, all sizes, but they don't sell any bolts. Whats up with that?

Bamer, thanks for the offer on the bolts.
I'm way up north near Sac.

#15 ·
so with this kit, is there any type of relocating, extending, etc? im talking about the 2" BL.

#17 ·
Isn't 2" the max for the DIY lift? I thought anything longer would require extending lots of stuff.

#19 ·
What I should have asked is; what is the max height you can lift without extending?
Will 2 1/2" require extending?
Is 3" the starting point for extensions or is anything over 2"?

#21 ·
Whats the $ difference

If you hade to ball park it, how much extra money is involved in that extra inch? (from 2-3). Im asking because the 2 incher looks to much like a stocker and a 6 inch is clearly stateing OFFROAD, which i'm affaid will hurt my resale value.

#22 ·
If you hade to ball park it, how much extra money is involved in that extra inch? (from 2-3). Im asking because the 2 incher looks to much like a stocker and a 6 inch is clearly stateing OFFROAD, which i'm affaid will hurt my resale value.
So do a 2" body lift and a 2" leveling kit and you get 4" that are easy to take out if you ever want to sell it or trade it in. Both are easy as he11 (minus relocating the bumper if that's an issue for you) to do and undo.

#24 ·
Well if I have a 2 inch suspension lift, then do any body lift, wouldn't that require all of the extensions of the brake lines, and every thing else? Or can you do 2 on one side and 2 on the other with out adding leanth to anything?

#25 ·
Generally with a body lift you just unhook the brake line from the fender so you don't rip it off or bend it during the lift. You can sometimes leave it that way or just move the fender mount lower, the guys who have done both can verify.

I've done 2 and 3 inch body lifts and never changed the lengths of brake lines, but they were much older trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.