Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Plastidipped Items On Your Frontier

236K views 403 replies 161 participants last post by  Belvedere 
#1 ·
Let's get a thread started on everything people are Plastidipping on their trucks. This stuff is amazing. It really cleans your vehicle up. But I'll start off, grille, rims, and emblems. No pictures of the emblems since I done the DIY.

Grille, looks awesome.

Rims: turned out better than expected.

Lets see everyone's!

See less See more
#4 ·
ahh, dang. Ima go wash the truck soon, maybe wednesday, and test out the new camera. I'll definitely take some pics on how the rims are holding upp. Had to touch it up abit, but not noticeable.. BTW, Nice truck NC336!! Really clean look IMO.

#301 ·
Question about your grill mod

I like what you did to the grill. I just bought plasti dip for mine today, but I wanna take the inserts out like you did. It looks badass!! Was it easy? Is there just tabs that separate them from the chrome part? Also, did you put a screen or something in the space to protect the radiator or does it not really matter? Thanks!!:nerd:

#12 ·
I used this on my pop's FX4, on the running boards and bed caps... it didnt hold up worth crap. The running boards make sense since there is a ton of wear on them but the bed caps it just kinda peels off.

I used the spray can they sell at lowes. I did 3-4 coats but I wish I would have just used paint now (cause now i have to peel it all off).

Maybe I am a isolated case, but it happened

#15 ·
Yes and it's pissing me off. Their site is F'd up and I can't see any of my pictures.

#14 ·
Did my bumpers last night, grill is also plasti dip:

#39 ·
You know... U can upload them directly on to ur post on the forum right??

#18 ·
was thinking about doing the plastic piece in front of the windshield that is faded-the piece that has the spray nozzles
think it will work there??

#22 ·
It should work fine. I should really do mine too. It isn't looking to sharp. Just make sure it's cleaned nicely

#23 ·
Started doing it this afternoon got one coat on then something came up i had to do.
Looks good but gonna but at least 1 maybe two more coats on it tomorrow.

will post some pics up when i finish

Here is one before i painted

#28 ·
How long do they last on the rims if you don't go off-roading?

#33 ·
Grabbed a few pics the other day while i was washing her... Had second thoughts on how the paint will hold up to the pressure of the water, but i became astonished on how it stayed on.. lol!

#34 ·
this stuff seems pretty durable and easy to work with but has anyone plastidipped any interior parts? im thinking about plastidpping the center console to break up some of the grey.. any thought on this?

#35 ·
had a few thoughts about it. gonna give it a shot today. ill post pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.