Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nerf bar suggestion

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  quietman 
#1 ·
Looking for a nerf bar suggestion for a crew cab that loses the least amount of ground clearance. My Pro-4X is at the stock height but I have a couple of friends and my older sister that have a hard time getting into the truck.

If it weren't for Colorado / Wyoming winters, I'd just throw a portable step stool in the back. Last thing I'd want is the step stool sliding out from under them on icy pavement / ground.

#2 ·
buy a set of rock sliders, dual function :)

#3 ·
^^^THIS^^^

Since you are concerned about clearance, Sliders would be much better than any step available. Several members here have actually damaged their trucks by going off road with Steps and having them collapse into the body work.

Since you are in the Colorado area, here is a link to Hefty Fabworks. These folks make excellent sliders that include a tread plate on top.

Store - Hefty Fabworks

#7 ·
Since you are in the Colorado area, here is a link to Hefty Fabworks. These folks make excellent sliders that include a tread plate on top.
Found this guy on Craigslist. He does NICE work.

Custom Bumpers and Rock Sliders
But boy is he busy. Here was his reply when I e-mailed him

" I am about 6 weeks out on bumpers right now, sliders I can usually fit in, in about a week between big projects. Sliders run 350 painted with bed liner and installed. Our custom plate fab front bumpers run 900-1700 depending on options; grill guards, shackle tabs, light holes, and a receiver hitch inside for mounting a winch.

Thanks

Loren Byers
First Choice Fabrication"

#4 ·
Agree with both responses above; if you off-road often would go with sliders which you'll have quite a few to select from.
Nfab bars have been growing on me. Stock bars are fairly cheap though too.
I'm sure I am of no help to you ::grin::

#5 ·
Thanks for the tip. When I think of rock sliders, I tend to think of just the bar that bolts to the frame, rather something that can double as a step like you guys are talking about.

So now you have me thinking in a whole new direction :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.