Mud Flaps - Page 6 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yep, almost as big as I wanted them, just not as floppy ...
The rears need to be longer. I started the install by lining up the precast holes in the flaps with the existing holes in the fenders...that made it easy.
On the front I added a zip tie to an extra hole i made in the fender liner ( toward the inside of the truck ), the front tire was rubbing the flap at full lock. It seem to do the trick.
On the rear, even with the 300lbs of sand in the bed, the rears are 4in. off the ground, where the front ones are only 2... and I can hear them ( with the findows down ) they drag the ground going around "clover leaf" on/off ramps !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Went to the beach yesterday and did some right turns and mine rub a tad still. I might be able to deal with it honestly.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: Coilovers, Titan parts, WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust.
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#53 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Shift_Newbie

Garage
If any body would like to sell their driver rear flap pm me and take some well lit pictures, I'm in the market

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide App
#54 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Shift_Hardcore

So would you guys say that you lose some wheel well clearance with these "shet of rubber" type mud flaps?

06 KC NISMO 4x4, 2" prg spacer front, Firestone riderite airbags rear, Schrockwrxs front engine skid, Custom sliders, Hidden hitch reciever, Deck plate Airbox mod/amsoil filter, Momo shift knob removed, back to 06+ nismo knob, 05 pathy flat black wheels, 265/75/r16 Tread Wright Sentinel with Kedge Grip, wireless door lock keypad, cargo light bypass, auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and temp.
http://mrpulldown.blogspot.com/
#55 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

There is a "high spot" on the back half of the front wheel wells, kinda the other side of the foot wells... when you ad a layer of anything, it wants to curl into the tire more, nothing a zip tie cant fix . ( only at full lock )
#56 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

the only really great deal here is the color match, if I had blue I'd rock them

Life is all about ***, you're either covering it,hauling it,laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.
#57 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Last edited by noob; 11-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.
#58 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Still haven't gotten a chance to trim the front drivers side down yet so it still rubs especially in the parking garage at work

Sent from my T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
South Jersey
#59 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Update!
Took my truck through the local wildlife management area today. Drove around 20-25mph and kicked up a lot of rocks along the way. I heard a TON of stones hitting the flaps. A nice dampened "thunk" as apposed to the metal "tick" of the rocks hitting the paint.
I still heard some paint contact but not much. Couldn't find any of chips. Overall I'm satisfied with the Rally Armor flaps.
I need to wash the truck though and really focus on the area that was previously covered by the OEM flaps. There's some tar and gunk back there.

South Jersey
#60 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Another update!
I have trimmed mine a lot in the front and they still rub when I go up the parking garage at work. Thinking about stopping at Napa tomorrow and trying the big a$$ truck ones cut to fit. I really want to get another inch or inch and a half out of them front and rear.
Stinks cause I like the Rally Armour ones a lot but I can't have them look good if I cut them any further.

South Jersey

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.