Mud Flaps - Page 4 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post
Because of your tire size, and your driving "syle" (... since you comented on my ability to work a screwdriver ...) your opinon/experiance is different from mine...

Sure, its possible the tiny ( car size ) mudflaps and your ( 285/75 ) tire combo, they dont fold back ( @ WOT ? ) from spray... and you state they do fold back at freeway speed ... even know for the same reason ( the *tiny* flap, behind a *big* tire. ) they should be in the "draft" ( and not move ) behind those tires ...

I still think mine ( ur's ) are soft, on my ( rallycross/winter commuter ) car. ( a subaru wrx ) I do drive @ WOT in dirt, and @ the limit on the highway.
I wasn't intending to insult your screw driver ability, ha ha! I was just stating that you may have mounted them to low, causing them to be more flimsy.. Also the flaps certainly don't "draft" off the tire, being that the flaps are mounted (on my truck) about a half inch outsided the tire.. Because spray obviously doesnt just go straight out the back! That also is the reason that at some points they do move at freeway speed when you get a cross wind. By no means are they consistently blowing backwards the entire time. IMO they reduce spray very well, they dont keep every rock or bit of mud from hitting the truck but what flap does... and they also look good.

2010 SE Crew Cab 4X4 4.0L V6
Night Armor Gray
3" spacers in front, 1.5 in shackles and blocks in rear
Rocker panels and Fender flairs Line X'd
Debadged
Alpine CDA-105 Viper 5107
Doug Thorely Long Tube Headers
High Flow Cats
Custom pipe, Magnaflow dual in single out 22" long, wide body exhaust with two 18" Magnaflow resonators
K&N CAI
2 degree timing advance
285/75/16 Hancook Dynapro ATMs
16x8 inch Eagle Alloys 185 series
KMA Black Steel Bumpers
Steel tailight covers
Bully Dog GT Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

good mud flaps - Tacoma World Forums

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/255360...ro#25536090001

Last edited by noob; 11-07-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Those are no different from the RallyArmor only he added that dinky weight at the bottom! The same stuff you have said about the RA's would apply to those also bro, lol! If that chunck of aluminum makes them so great you could just add it to the RA's!! Otherwise the flap is the same dam material, Noob!

Night Armor Gray
Debadged
High Flow Cats
Custom pipe, Magnaflow dual in single out 22" long, wide body exhaust with two 18" Magnaflow resonators
K&N CAI
2 degree timing advance
KMA Black Steel Bumpers
Steel tailight covers
Bully Dog GT Tuned

Last edited by MeanFrontier; 11-07-2012 at 08:59 PM.
#34 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

RA v. Sparco
#35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:

RA v. Sparco
Those are not universal RA flaps! Those are flaps designed for a specific "car" the universals that I have on my truck are the same size as the Sparco flaps!

Night Armor Gray
Debadged
High Flow Cats
K&N CAI
2 degree timing advance
KMA Black Steel Bumpers
Steel tailight covers
Bully Dog GT Tuned
#36 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The guy in the thread even said they're about the same size as the stock flaps.

My RA's came in today. They're only about 2-3 inches longer like someone previously stated. We'll see... they were only $25.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust, coilovers?, LED courtesy lights, OEM roof rack? super on the down-low LED light bar project(s), Cargo light delete, LED reverse floods
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyLife View Post
The guy in the thread even said they're about the same size as the stock flaps.

My RA's came in today. They're only about 2-3 inches longer like someone previously stated. We'll see... they were only $25.

$25 from where? I think mine were like $159. So the Universal RA's are even bigger than the sparco? I figured they were close, but 2-3 inches is fairly significant..

Night Armor Gray
Debadged
High Flow Cats
K&N CAI
2 degree timing advance
KMA Black Steel Bumpers
Steel tailight covers
Bully Dog GT Tuned
#38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanFrontier View Post
$25 from where? I think mine were like $159. So the Universal RA's are even bigger than the sparco? I figured they were close, but 2-3 inches is fairly significant..
Rallyarmour.com I think it was? They are approximately 3 inches longer than stock. I cannot vouch for sparco's size though.
Cost me $32 shipped for their basic flap.

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust, coilovers?, LED courtesy lights, OEM roof rack? super on the down-low LED light bar project(s), Cargo light delete, LED reverse floods
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#39 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ScottB1982
I used this basic idea brought up earlier in this thread:

I took an old ratchet strap and cut it to lengths and used them to keep the flaps from flexing into the tires, potentially tearing them up or ripping them off... even if they may look...different. The next holes down definitely add considerable length at the bottom of the flap, but now I have less side coverage. When they were higher and further out, though I was still getting mud spray on the rear areas everyone gets chips on, so I think the problem is from the bottom of the front tires. Of course, with my wider tires and lift, it will be a tough compromise to keep the rocks off the paint and having the mudflaps where I WANT them. I'll try to find some gravel and/or mud to drive through to see how much they block now. I'm ready to hear the criticism on them now, as the straps might seem "rice" to some people, but there was a big possibility of them rebounding right into the tires with them being lower, allowing more flex. The straps DO have a true function. I pulled the flaps all the way back and let them go, and the straps stop them perfectly. If I get too much spray from the exposed part of the tire not covered by the flaps, then I'll adjust a bit higher or angled to get better coverage, but as I mentioned, I think the biggest issue has been from below where the flaps were covering before I moved them this time.

The earlier position had minimal flexing for me at highway speeds, for those who were wondering. ON TO THE PICS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00924.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	39589   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00925.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	39590   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00926.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	39591   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00927.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	39592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00928.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	905.4 KB
ID:	39593  

Chat for ClubFrontier Members HERE! http://xat.com/ClubFrontier

2011 Frontier CC SV V6- CST Spindles, 2" Deavers, 5125 bils, PRG adjustable shackles, 285/75R16 BFG ATs on Vision 375 Warriors, Midland 1001LWX CB radio w/ SH2P4 external speaker and 3' Firestick, N-Fab step bars, Hypertech, AEM DryFlow drop-in filter, custom bed-mounted Hi-Lift jack.
#40 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Thanked 1,030 Times in 761 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Mhannis
i think the whole truck setup looks pretty sweet. the little red that the straps add is kinda neat too. appearance wise...very cool IMO. as you said though, if youre still getting the chips in the quarter panels from the front wheels. their practicality may not be the sole benefit to doing this. looks cool, but functionality id put at 50/50. i think the only real way to protect fully against rock chips in the wheel wells is going to be the rhino line.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.