Nissan Frontier Forum banner

LED + Rigid Question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AndysLog 
#1 ·
I'd like to upgrade to LEDs in the headlights but I use my high beams too often to give them up. I'm thinking I could do this if I installed a 10" LED light bar in the bumper mouth that was wired to come on with the high beams. Has anyone else done something similar to this?

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure this is illegal in all 50 states... So there's that, also you will blind the fcuk out of oncoming traffic when it takes you a second to realize they're there. For the cost of a light bar and the LED bulbs (which seem to last only 6 months BTW) why not just pay someone to retrofit for you?

#3 ·
Yes it is illegal everywhere. A quick search of "wiring driving lights to high beams" should give you the wiring diagram you are looking for.

I had this on a previous truck using a relay tapped off of the high beam fuse and it worked well. I was driving primarily in very rural highways where the risk of wildlife was greater than the risk of the ticket. You must be very cognizant of others. If you are in any sort of traffic you will want to avoid this.

#4 ·
I'd be doing this because of where my parents live, out in the sticks with a lot of deer. I spent my early driving years out there so I know high beam etiquette, turn them off before cresting a hill or the apex of a sharp turn.

As to the retrofit, I'm not really fond of how they look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.