Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Group Buy: 4x4 Labs Custom Front Bumper

20K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  chris@whiterhino 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been talking with Luke Porter from 4x4 Labs (https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/) and he's interested in doing the design work and a production run of the bumper below:

The bumper you see in the pictures is a DIY some guy in South America did for his own Navara, but unfortunately he wasn't able to send specs or re-fab them.

@tajturner asked for a quote a while back and was given a price of 10 bumpers for 10k, but he's willing to do it for 5 people as well (which would be in the 1200-1500 range). So, the more people we get on this buy, the cheaper it will be (to a point of course).

This is easily the coolest, most badass bumper I've seen for the Frontier and truly a one-of-a-kind design (IMO)... if we can get a group buy going that would be awesome! I've already got @street sweeper down for 1, provided we can get this thing going in the next couple months.

Here's a pic of one of the bumpers Luke did for a 4Runner below:

Interest List:

1. street sweeper
2. BagerSV
3. PyroMedic
4. Pharos
5. LankyA
6. fps81
7. Alyason
8. Opi

See less See more
#5 ·
Tell him if he can build something like that I'm 100% in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#15 ·
You make it sound so easy by using words like 'still' and 'just'. And you don't want to 'weld a lot more plates' because as you weld more things begin to move because of this added heat. Brake press some if the plates to reduce the number of weld joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
But of course. However it's "still just" plates.

I'm not knocking the job (if it ever comes to fruition) as Id buy one if they were proven and I didn't already put on the Shrock.

I prefer plate over tube in bumpers. Vice versa with sliders.

#19 · (Edited)
Agreed [emoji106]

Eric, I am torn between your bumper and this bumper. That's why I said if we can get it for $1000 I am interested because it is a steal for that price.

Since the first time I saw this bumper it got the wheels spinning on how I would go about making a functional CAD design for fabrication.

#38 ·
no jabs meant at ANY of our awesome home fab guys here on the forum, but I can't see how this bumper could be measured, laid out, designed, cut, bent, welded and trussed in a home fab shop without charging more than what most would consider it worth. I suppose plasma cutters and whatnot are more readily available these days. Back in my shop days though...wow. Noone I know, having never done the design before, would touch this for less than $3k. As a one-off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.