Nissan Frontier Forum banner

CB antenna project

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Sassle 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

a couple of month ago I started playing with the idea of getting me a whip antenna /w a ball mount for a later CB radio installation. But here in Europe it's quite hard to find those specific antennas. Sure there are meanwhile much more modern solutions on the market but I also wanted to have such an antenna just for the looks.

So after searching the European vendor markets with no satisfying result I contacted my American friend in Idaho. He helped me finding the correct and matching parts in good old America and will now send them over. It’s not a typical whip antenna, but it will definitely fulfill my needs regarding usefulness and looks.

I'm still very impressed by the quantity and variety of parts available for pickup trucks in America. The only problem was always the shipping and its costs to Germany by those suppliers. Those costs were partly two to three times the actual purchase price, if the dealer ever had shipping to Europe/Germany on offer. Unfortunately most of them (actually the majority) did not.
But that’s what American friends are for, aren't they? ::smile::

1 = Stainless steel quick disconnect adapter
2 = Stainless steel heavy duty spring (to reduce swinging)
3 = 2-way carbon fiber antenna, 1.50 m (~4 ft.)

1 = Connection kit for antenna incl. extension adapter
2 = Universal stainless steel jamb mount
3 = 5 1/2 Meter (~18 ft.) coax cable with ring adapter

Together /w spring and quick disconnect the overall length will become 1.80 meter (~5 ft.). Installation will beginn shortly.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good! Did you have to drill holes in the rear in order to mount the steel piece?

#4 ·
Thx for the comment and yes, I had to drill four holes as you can see on the pictures. I drilled the holes a little smaller than the diameter of the screws and used four self-tapping screws. I put black sump gasket sealant into the holes before assembling the steel piece.

#6 ·
Thanks man.

Here's a little update. I replaced the 3 ft. Firestick /w an original 5 ft. SIRTEL multiflex fiber glas antenna. It's max. power rating is 150 W, frequency range 27 MHz.
You definetly need a solid spring to keep her in check and to reduce kinetic energy on the jamb mount.

::wink::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.