Anyone Install This LED 3rd Brake / Cargo Light? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone Install This LED 3rd Brake / Cargo Light?

these led 3rd brake lights are the cheaper, non-burtman type:

eBay Motors: 05-07 NISSAN FRONTIER/TITAN LED 3RD BRAKE LIGHT SMOKED (item 170247189335 end time Aug-11-08 16:12:33 PDT)

i am almost positive that no instructions will be included, so i am thinking its the same concept like the burtman one where you have to use the clip to redirect the power.

my questions are:

what is that clip called and where can you buy it because i dont think the seller would include it in the auction?

the wires are different colored than the burtman one. is there a general way to figure out which wires connect so that i dont short anything?

thank you for any assistance or experience with doing the 3rd brake light modification...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i dont remember the wiring now, but i have that one on my truck. all i did was cut the stock connector off and splice it with the brake light. worked like a charm.

Truck SOLD.
All spare parts have been sold.
It was fun while it lasted.
Replaced by a Tundra Crewmax & 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track edition.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy23 View Post
i dont remember the wiring now, but i have that one on my truck. all i did was cut the stock connector off and splice it with the brake light. worked like a charm.
thanks for the reply.

so by cutting the stock connector, i wouldnt be able to go back to the stock headlights? if so, i'm not sure i want to take that gamble. i'm okay with modding as long as i can go back to stock if i make a mistake...

EDIT AFTER READING YOUR POST AGAIN:

after reading your post again, i think you meant that you cut the stock connector off of the LED 3rd brake light and then spliced it to the wires from the frontier. is that correct? if so, and if you have the time, can you check to see what the wire to wire connection is? if not, it's not a problem. if i can go back to stock if i make a mistake, it's not a bad $50 gamble...

btw, how do you like the lights? any issues?...

Last edited by krypto89; 08-11-2008 at 10:16 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just cut the connector off the old one and wire it to the new one then plug it in.

06 MAJESTIC BLUE 4X2 LE KC
#5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Shift_Hardcore

yep, if you butt splice the connector on, then its still really easy to switch back to stock.

Truck SOLD.
All spare parts have been sold.
It was fun while it lasted.
Replaced by a Tundra Crewmax & 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track edition.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just wait until you take the stock one out to see what kind of connector it is. Then buy one to put on the new light. Plug it back in and done.

2006 Frontier CC 4x4 LE NISMO SPORT Stormgray -
Performance: Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen mod, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex, JBA Headers
Exterior: OEM steps, Nissan hood guard, Morrimoto HID Retrofit D2S, Black Bullet BullBar, Totron offroad LED lights, Hidden Hitch, Nismo skidplates, Extang tonneau,custom Thule rack/wind deflector,Billet Grill
Interior: Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Navi, Blue LED Gauges
Suspension: PRG Advanced 4WD 2.5" lift w/TC UCAs & 4x Radflos, 1" DIY BL, Susp. Connect. Titan Sway bar bushings
Wheels/Tires: American Outlaw Buckshot 17x9 wheels, Dick Cepek Fun Country II tires
Other: McMaster-Carr Hood lift,
#7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

thanks for all your advice. i think i am now brave enough to try it. i researched a bit and found out that burtman used tap connectors to connect the wires, which i can buy at radio shack. will buy those and just use trial and error to ge the light to work.

thanks again...
#8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Let us know how it works out.

SOLD!
2007 LE CC 4x4, Level 8 Strike 6, 285/75x16 KM2, Flowmaster, K&N filter, and LEER 100XL canopy.

BOUGHT!
2005 F-250 6.0L Diesel, 8" Fabtech Lift w/ dual reservoir shocks all around, 37x13.5x20 Toyo Open Country M/T's, Dual exhaust, AEM Cold Air... So far.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Did it work? I'm about to go do mine. Got it in the mail, and going to add a blinker to it.

2005 Frontier CC SE, PRG 2" Front Spacers, AC AAL 3" Rear Springs, Rancho RS5000 Shocks, 265/75R16 Dean Mud Terrain, ARE Cap, Yakima Racks (Cab and Canopy), KMA Multicarrier, AT Fuel Can Carrier, Scepter Fuel Can, Scepter Donkey Dick, 48" Hi-Lift.
#10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

worked fine and looks nice, but i did need some help from other members on removing the stock light. if you don't have one already, you need a 8mm deep socket to remove the stock light out and replace it. i also bought tap connectors from radio shack to make wiring look cleaner.

good luck on the install. it was easy and you should have no problem with it.

btw, how are you going to do the blinker thing?

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.