Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Radiator/Transmission Cross Contamination Extended Warranty

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  SuperiorBound 
#1 ·
Take a look at the attached. Just received this extended warranty information for the radiator assembly due to potential cracks/internal leaking. I thought that this issue was limited to 05' model years but apparently they are concerned with an 07' as well.

Unfortunately, I am already over the 80,000 mile mark but thought others may find this helpful.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just got that same notice for my 2010 Frontier. Wonder if I'll get the same one for my 2010 Xterra? They should just recall the vehicles and put a good radiator in them instead of the customer having to worry about it going out now or even worse, after this extended warranty is up...

#4 ·
I'll go back to the question I've asked a couple of times... if it's a corrosion issue maybe the problem is that the Nissan coolant doesn't hold up and after a couple of years allows corrosion to start. If the coolant is changed every two years maybe the problem won't develop?

I'd love to see pics of one of these radiators cut up after it had started leaking and was replaced.

#7 ·
I contacted nissan and wasn't able to get a clear answer as to if the transmission will be covered along with the radiator if something happens, but what I did get it they believe the problem is caused by improper casting of the radiator assembly...

#9 ·
I got the letter today as well as the fuel sender letter.
The radiator warranty states it covers the radiators and associated failures because of it. In my book that means the transmission. Since mine (rad and trans) was already replaced this just exrends coverage.

Clint

#10 ·
Got the letter a few months back; in Canada. I had the radiator replaced... I too am wondering about the tranny. Hopefully it will be covered if something fails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.