Nissan Frontier Forum - View Single Post - Max Weight You'd Put In The Bed?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
scooter2131
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith View Post
Hey folks,

I've got a 2010 SE 4 door 4X4.

I was looking at the specs (of the 2011 though) and it was saying that the max weight you can put in the bed is 1,400 lbs.

I've got fifty 80lb bags of concrete I need to buy (4,000 lbs) and I'm trying to decide how many trips to do it in. So, I know it says 1,400 lbs, but how much would you be really comfortable doing? 1,000 lbs? 500 lbs? Should I do 3 trips, 4 trips, 8 trips? ...

What do you guys think? Can it really handle that 1,400 lbs no problem without wearing it down?

Thanks!
Do you have a 6ft bed? Regardless, if the manufacturer says it can handle 1400 lbs, it can probably handle a little more since they have to build some factor of safety into their load limit ratings. As long as you put as much of your load as you can over or in front of the rear axle, you won't be hurting your cause.

I'd say you could do it in 2 trips...so long as you don't anyone else in your truck and you drive reasonably and allow plenty of stopping distance. If you're only hauling this kid of load a couple times, I wouldn't be worried about wearing out your truck, but that's me.

P.S. The most I've ever had in my bed was a 600lb riding mower and I couldn't even tell it was in there. I didn't realize the trucks would squat so much with 1000 lbs in the bed. I'll second just borrowing/renting a trailer; cutting it down to 2 trips max; I'm guessing the time/fuel savings alone would be worth whatever the trailer cost is.

Last edited by scooter2131; 10-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.