Nissan Frontier Forum banner

OEM Front Tow Hooks

42K views 103 replies 38 participants last post by  yesterdaysradios 
#1 ·
#91 ·
I want to thank Grampy again for making me a left hand hook way back when. I think I may have been the second person to have two tow hooks.

A little over a year ago my truck overheated and I had to have it towed in to the dealership. They guy that picked it up had one of the carriers that actually hauls the vehicle instead of towing it.

Before I could stop him he had hooked the tow line around both of the hooks. I thought sure that it would break the hook Grampy made for me, but it not only held up, it didn't even scratch the chrome plating.

OkieScot

#92 ·
Is there any update on the driver's side tow hook? I spoke with my dealer and they are still on backorder with nothing at any of his suppliers.

What about the Navarras? I think it would be worth it to ship a hook from our international friends if they have some around. Maybe even a group buy. What do you think?

#95 ·
Okie!!
Glad to here the tow hook held up for you. Not that I was worried. After we finished putting it together we put it in a six ton press and put the pressure on it.The base that the hook was on flexed more than the hook did.

#96 ·
Bump.. Any updates on this?

Anyone have the P/N for the DS tow hook?

#97 ·
The PN for the DS hook is 51113-EA000 and the PN for the bolts are 081B7-2452A, just remember the bolts are sold separately.

The dealer price for the hook is 49.53 and the bolts are 2.92 each but you can get the whole deal for ~45 bucks total shipped.

It does appear thou that they are all sold-out in the US.

I wonder what it would cost to ship them over from AUS? Does anyone want to take this on as a task? Possibly work a deal in which they ship us 10 and we ship them 10? Just shootin ideas out there.

#102 ·
Look up the thread adding a second tow hook. The OP mounted a passenger side hook on the driver's side. I found a supplier in the UK, several members have purchased a correct hook from them. These come off of a right hand drive truck.

#103 · (Edited)
I assume this is the thread your referring to and more importantly this post http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/adding-second-front-tow-hook-101273/index3.html#post1377514 and the UK supplier I assume is Thornton Breakers. Let me ask you then how you went about placing the order (phone?) and paying(paypal?)

My alternatives are Genuine Nissan HOOK ASSY FRONT 51111JR70A Shipped Worldwide or finding someone willing to pick up the part from the dealer and shipping it out from Australia

Here is the email from the dealer along with the reference photo
Hi XXXX,

There is no stock of the tow hook in Australia, it would need to be ordered from overseas.

The part number changes from 51113-EA000 to 51111-JR70A and the price is $55.25.

It would take around 3 weeks to get from overseas.

Regards

Stuart Dundee
Parts Manager | Ferntree Gully Nissan
1000 Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully, Victoria, 3156
T: 03 9758 4444 | F: 03 9758 5456
stuart@ftgnissan.com.au | www.ftgmotorgroup.com.au

Attachments

#104 ·
I assume this is the thread your referring to and more importantly this post http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/adding-second-front-tow-hook-101273/index3.html#post1377514 and the UK supplier I assume is Home. Let me ask you then how you went about placing the order (phone?) and paying(paypal?)

My alternatives are Genuine Nissan HOOK ASSY FRONT 51111JR70A Shipped Worldwide or finding someone willing to pick up the part from the dealer and shipping it out from Australia

Here is the email from the dealer along with the reference photo
Email Thorton, tell them what you want. They'll invoice you via PayPal. You'll usually have it at your door in two days. Don't know what you mean by "and the UK supplier I assume is Home". See my location under my avatar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.