Nissan Frontier Forum banner

How Many Miles Will I Get Out Of My Frontier?

140K views 124 replies 76 participants last post by  Grampy Matt 
#1 ·
Hello, just wondering how many miles I can expect to get out of my 08 SE. I will be running synthetic oil as soon as I hit 3000 miles. I want to drive this truck for a long time, and put lots of miles on it. Thanks

#2 ·
You can probably drive it to 150k without any mojor issues as long as you do the regular maintance items. Most issues happen within the warranty time so you don't have to worry about those items. Other then that, it is just the little things that need to be either repaired or replaced.

#7 ·
I plan on following all the recommended maintenance in the owners manual. I would be very happy with 150,000 or more without major problems.

#8 ·
Thats a hard question to answer...i think every truck is different, and how you take care of it means a lot. I would hope these trucks go for 300+ thousand miles. Its really hard to say because this models only been out since 2005.

I know there was one guy on here a little while back who made a post saying he just hit 100,000 miles on his 05 or 06 trouble free.

#16 ·
Thats a hard question to answer...i think every truck is different, and how you take care of it means a lot. I would hope these trucks go for 300+ thousand miles. ...
My boss just sold his '92 Pathy with 360,000 Miles on it with the original engine that still ran well. You're absolutely right about each vehicle being a bit different and the quality of care. I commute in a l'il '92 Mitsu with 224,000 on the clock. If machines have lives, this little car has one and loves to run. I hope I'm as blessed with my Frontier.

#10 ·
if nissan made the 2nd gen as good as the hardboy and 1st gen trucks then should be well over 100k miles, i have 46k on my 04 with no problems just regular maintenance work, i think your truck will last a while just don't abuse it and take specail care of it and it'll do the same to you.

#11 ·
My '86 720 Nissan Pickup just turned 265K miles the other day. Original clutch, head was redone about 3K ago for preventive measure as was the carb rebuilt. She is a little finicky getting going in the morning when it's cold out but I would be a happy camper if I could see the same out of my '08 Frontier if luck would have

-Ryan

#13 ·
I'm at 90k on my '05 NISMO CC. No real problems so far but 95% of my miles are interstate so I wouldn't expect too many problems. I change the oil/filter every 5000 and the air filter every 10000. I changed the front pads at 65000, the rears looked fine.

I'm going to do the shocks, rear diff oil and tranny fluid at 100000. The way the truck runs I fully expect to get at least 250000 from the truck.

Reactions: JBW
#14 ·
I don't know if the Frontier is as reliable as my 95 Hardbody. It had 165,000 miles on it when I sold it in 2006. I did replace the clutch, shocks, front crank seal, oil pressure sending unit, front brake pads and front wheel bearings and races. Still had the original brake shoes on the rear. They were about 50% worn. I do plan on keeping my current truck for many years.

#18 ·
i've got about 46k coming up, only problems ive had involved me trying to improve the truck... and the paint is turning to crap. very slowly, but theres a few places its starting to chip off and expose bare metal. also i think the engine sounds strange and the belts squeal every so often, and now my gas pedal squeaks sometimes.

If i wasn't planning on selling it and moving onto a car to play with, i could easily take it over 200k miles i'm sure.

#19 ·
I put 146k on my 98 frontier before I traded it, only real probs I had was a bad gas gauge. Standard maintance, I didn't do anything unusual. I've put 55k on my '06 since last April when I bought it, driving hard with zero problems. My Dad has over 115k on his Titan with no probs. and put 275k on a hardbody before the tranny failed. Nissan is solid for endurance... Except for the Murano.

#20 ·
What is the highest amount of miles anyones ever seen on a nissan? I seen an old 2wd hardbody a while back with 300xxx miles on it. I would like to see one (preferably mine) hit a a half million or maybe even a million miles!

#21 ·
one of they guys who worked on my sas has a sas'd pathy on 60's with 350,000+ miles on it, if i remember correctly. he works that thing too. just maintains it well.

#22 ·
Well it is a Nissan so 300K + should not be an issue. My friend's dad has a 92 PU with over 350K on it, runs great.

Then again, it all depends how you take care of it right? Thats what I thought when I got rid of my 2004 GMC Sierra 1/2 Ton 5.3l when the head cracked at 130K. All highway miles and I didn't even beat on it at all, had it serviced when I was supposed to (at the dealer)! Let me just tell you I wasn't planning on buying a Nissan!

Though I don't regret it! I love this truck! So give me a few years and I should be well over 100K!

#23 ·
100K right now. Rear Drive assembly went out at 62K. $2500, Fuel sending Unit at 65K $275. Tailgate Hinges SUCK $110.

Good luck and keep up with the rear differential as needed. Keep ahold of your paperwork. Get an extended warranty if offered.

Godspeed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.