Boomer32
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabs View Post
I just bought a 2017 SV V6 Kingcab Frontier and was thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust installed. Can anyone break down the pro's and cons between Magnaflow and Flowmaster?

Ivan
Either one would be good but would need to consider the type of driving you will be doing (off-roading, commuting, etc.). My dad had a FM 40 but the drone was terrible - he went back to stock.

I'm pretty pleased with the FM 50 CB with side exit duals and with 18" SS tips (not true duals). It does have a nice growl which I get compliments all the time (granted, it is no V-. Drone is tolerable - adding DynaMat or other vibration/sound deadening material within the cab helps a bit, but sound still travels through the windows.

I added a FM Heat Shield which toned it down a bit too. View the FM Sound chart/graph I've attached and you drill down to the model you select. All comes down to what you are after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FM Noise Level Graph.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	229537   Click image for larger version

Name:	FM Sound Chart.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	229545  

'12 Pro-4x CC, Avalanche White,Luxury Package
'07 Honda Accord EX-L,Alabaster Silver Metallic

Exterior: Fuel Maverick Wheels(17x8.5),BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2,FM50 HD CB Dual Exhaust,Roll-N-Lock cover,Yakima Tracks/Frontloaders,NFAB Step Rails,Undercover Swing Cases,Power Tailgate,Rigid Dually's,back up cam,hood struts & led's, grill Raptor led's,step bar led's,bed led's,rock led's,Stabilus Tailgate kit,GoRhino Hitchstep
Interior: HP Dash Cams,Beltronics 995, ScanGauge II,Lumen Dome/Map led's,Homelink Remote,Drone Mobile Smart Remote Starter (RSD-3100S-KIT),Pioneer h/u,Alpine PDR-V75 Amp,Kicker 10,Alpine SPR-69,Polk DB6501 6.5",Dynamat Xtreme

Last edited by Boomer32; 01-10-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added FM Chart

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome