Nissan Frontier Forum - View Single Post - 2016 Left Over Nissan Frontier Pricing
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Spectre04
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'd done some stupid things last year in regards to buying/trading cars: I had a (then) current '15 Pro4x w/lux at $31K and made the dealer install a OEM tow pkg to sweeten it. I beat their *** on my trade, and they gave me what I wanted. Decided I needed an enclosed back hatch and made the truck turn into a Xterra when I heard they were being killed off. Made out well. Missed the truck, so I began the hunt for another deal on a Pro4x, to much different results.

I drove over four hours to pick up the Xterra, so I shopped dealers in the same range for the Fronty: in November, had a dealer offering a new '16 w/lux for $31,500, but passed as I really didn't want the roof rack. Looked again throughout December, and had absolutely zero takers in my price range. It seemed as if nobody wanted to let the '16's go for any cheaper than a '17, and I wasn't pleased. Saw that the local dealer who hooked me up the first time had a few '16 models without the lux, and got them down to where I wanted, which was $30K w/tow pkg. I not stellar, but it's what I wanted. I didn't want the '17 as I don't know what minor changes nissan made to the beloved 4.0 to run E85.

If you still find some '16 w/lux around tax time, they'll play ball. Until then, seems like trucks are hot.

Last edited by Spectre04; 01-09-2017 at 07:34 AM.