raine
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladehopper82 View Post
I would imagine so. The transponder in the switchblade key is not easily removable, but I'm not sure if you need to remove it if you are just adding a different transponder and putting it in. Not sure if they would conflict with each other or not. That was going to be my back-up plan if the dealer couldn't program the transponder in it, have a regular key programmed and then I would cut out the chip.

I did not have a spare key and my truck was one that requires the transponder chip. I didn't think to ask the dealer if there was a spare key until after I bought it...smh.
Even though I have the Rogue Key (built-in buttons) I might buy one of these just to try it out... might actually be better in the pocket when I go mountain biking, since the Rogue key still has the blade portion sticking out to stab at my leg.

BTW the transponder doesn't have to be "cut" out, it's in a small sliding tray:

Full post here.

- Raine.

"...doesn't look like anything to me."
click above for my build thread

TYPE CREW CAB SV 4x4 COLOR NIGHT ARMOR LIFT 3.5"/2.5" NAME KEIRA

SUSP: Custom King Shocks . Total Chaos . Level-8 . BF Goodrich . Deaver . Nisstec . Bilstein . PRG
EXT: White Knuckle . PIAA . Truxedo . White Rhino . Firestik . Morimoto . Mitsuba . Evoc . BlueSea
A/V: Hertz Audio . JL Audio . Kenwood . Alpine . Dynamat . Fr/Rr Cameras
MODS: Power Tailgate Lock . Custom CB Antenna Mount . Trailer Plug Relocate . Diff Breather Mod
MORE: Midland . UltraGauge . Raingler . Working OEM SWC, Bluetooth, USB . Some Stickers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raine For This Useful Post:
rpcraft (12-13-2016), Zedbra (01-12-2017)