View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Bladehopper82
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raine View Post
That's cool - gives another option besides the regular Rogue Key mod.

I'm gonna guess these have a transponder (or a dummy one) inside just like the Rogue Key mod... which means if it does, you could also just swap the transponder over from the OEM Valet key and do the programming yourself per the numerous guides on the internets.
I would imagine so. The transponder in the switchblade key is not easily removable, but I'm not sure if you need to remove it if you are just adding a different transponder and putting it in. Not sure if they would conflict with each other or not. That was going to be my back-up plan if the dealer couldn't program the transponder in it, have a regular key programmed and then I would cut out the chip.

I did not have a spare key and my truck was one that requires the transponder chip. I didn't think to ask the dealer if there was a spare key until after I bought it...smh.

'12 CC "Sport" | Running boards | Rustoleum Painted bed | Gentex rearview mirror with compass | Tinted front windows | Pioneer Avic 7200 NEX radio | Back up camera | Pathfinder illuminated steering wheel controls | Switchblade keys | All weather OEM Floor mats | Led bar rear tailgate light | white LED interior lights