View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Bladehopper82
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Switchblade key swap out

Hello all,

I've read a lot of posts and I haven't really seen any that involved a successful switchblade key find. I have seen the Rogue all in one key, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

After searching ebay for different switchblade keys for the Frontier, most were generic. I found this one that had the Nissan logo cutout (without the actual logo in it) and did some research. Found one for $12.95 with free shipping, so I figured I would gamble on such a low price. After 2 weeks, I didn't receive the item and tracking showed I never received it. Contacted the seller and he sent another. A week later I got the second one. Then a week after that I got the first one...lol. Seller said keep it. I was able to program the buttons easy.

Well, I contacted a mobile keysmith. He stated $75 for each key cut & programmed. He got them cut, but couldn't program the chip... I had him cut a normal key and program...and he couldn't program it either...lol.

Went to the local Nissan dealer, they stated $128 or something like that for each key whether or not they could program...no thanks.

I had to take the truck back to the Dealer I bought from in East Tennessee for some maintenance, $50 for any amount of keys programmed! Deal. They were able to program both switchblade keys and the spare regular the mobile guy couldn't program!

Also purchased the emblem off a dealer website for $18+...for one, but now one key looks factory.

Hope this helps anyone else in the market. Well worth it in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	225593   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	225601   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	225609  

'12 CC "Sport" | Running boards | Rustoleum Painted bed | Gentex rearview mirror with compass | Tinted front windows | Pioneer Avic 7200 NEX radio | Back up camera | Pathfinder illuminated steering wheel controls | Switchblade keys | All weather OEM Floor mats | Led bar rear tailgate light | white LED interior lights

Last edited by Bladehopper82; 12-11-2016 at 01:20 AM.