Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  RyanD1966 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#27,463 · (Edited)
Except that they won't! :laugh:

My post wasn't meant to be personally directed at you. If you want to take any sort of meaning or lesson from it: The benefits of being a trail leader outweigh the negatives. For me, anyway. If I didn't like doing it, I wouldn't keep doing it. ;)
No, I didn't think it was directed at me, I was hoping that I would be answering for everyone that we are all very thankful for the work that you do and that if others do not feel the same they should just not join in your runs.

Hmm... It may just be me but this statement doesn't seem to hold water :thebirdman:
Wait a second, fault and blame are different things. It is your fault that I have done stupid things that have broken things following you, that does not mean I blame you for them. :D When I blame people, I expect them to fix it!

#27,464 · (Edited)
Posting this here as well - I tried to re-install my once again rebuilt Radflo 2.5" coil overs today (second time in 6 years) and first off, the coils were not set to the same heights, they were never cleaned so the threads were a little gummed and difficult to adjust, and to top it all off - the $200 top hats that I had to replace because Radflo did crappy work on the first rebuild that required one hat to be torched off - were the wrong top hats, the bolts were over an inch off center from original. $550 later, this is the service from the Radflo recommended Canadian rebuild shop.

On top of this, someone from Radflo has been PM'ing me, only to question where I got their parts (the wrong ones at that and was ordered and shipped/installed by their recommended shop), and when I asked about their initial poor workmanship requiring the extra $200 in parts, well then there was no return responses. Between initial purchase and all the repairs, I am into these coil overs over $1500 in 6 years - complete junk in my eyes. The shop that rebuilt them said the oil smelled like swamp water but there were apparently no water leaks, even after rebuild the shocks were 'very stiff to cycle' - so expect more rebuild costs in the near future. Spend your money elsewhere.

**Update 01/09/16**

I noticed my $500 Radflo preferred shop rebuild of my coils has resulted in my shocks leaking again after just 2 months. I called the shop yesterday to see if there was any warranty on the rebuild - nope. I asked if he could talk to Radflo and see if there is anything they may be willing to do to assist, we shall see what they say.

If I didn't have access to a shop, these Radflos would be costing over $2,500 already. As is, I am over $1,500 into them from my repair costs, let alone gas/minimal shop fees I do pay.

#27,465 ·
Installed new coolant hard lines and cheap-o plastic Tee fittings they were visibly cracked and starting to spew coolant intermittently. The lines back by the firewall. That was a few weeks ago. Apparently, the pliers I used for that job to remove/replace the hose clamps have been living under the hood...until yesterday. Started the truck to head off to work yesterday, when I started out the driveway, I heard a rattling, metal-clinking and then my power steering went out and alt/battery light came on. Found the pliers on the ground under the truck.

Can you guess what happened?

#27,467 ·
Chaos?

Pliers try to dance with the serpentine belt?
Exactly! Belt was tucked behind the tensioner pulley, completely off the outside of the clutch fan pulley and riding the outside edge of the power steering pulley...so it was completely loose. After popping the hood, I freaked out a little. Then, inspected the belt. No cracks, chips or fraying. Removed the air intake bits and got the belt back on. Whew!

#27,469 ·
Exactly! Belt was tucked behind the tensioner pulley, completely off the outside of the clutch fan pulley and riding the outside edge of the power steering pulley...so it was completely loose. After popping the hood, I freaked out a little. Then, inspected the belt. No cracks, chips or fraying. Removed the air intake bits and got the belt back on. Whew!
That's when it really pays to take the extra time to do a proper tool inventory and FOD check when you're done. Glad nothing too expensive or critical was messed up.

#27,471 ·
#27,472 ·
#27,474 ·
That's when it really pays to take the extra time to do a proper tool inventory and FOD check when you're done. Glad nothing too expensive or critical was messed up.
Aircraft maintenance 101, can't pull to the side of the road to see why your engine stopped at 45k feet in the sky, oops there's my pliers.

::wink::

#27,476 ·
My father says the samething to me , he was logistics in the service.

#27,478 ·
So I'm in the kitchen and my 4 year old starts screaming daddy, daddy, your truck your truck your truck, it's on the price is right today! How did it get on TV?

I did have to explain it wasn't "really" mine and also what an S model is :)

#27,479 ·
So I'm in the kitchen and my 4 year old starts screaming daddy, daddy, your truck your truck your truck, it's on the price is right today! How did it get on TV?

I did have to explain it wasn't "really" mine and also what an S model is :)
I always pictured you as a white male!