Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Traded it.

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  lane.mcpeak 
#1 ·
Well, I said farewell to my '02 Frontier on Saturday. I traded it for a .......wait for it........ wait for it.... 2013 Toyota Tacoma.

I like both the frontier and the tacoma, but it came out on top for me. I got it with 5 miles on the odometer (2-3 of those put on by me).

I was able to talk them down a couple thousand, talked up the frontier another grand, and had a decent down payment. Got a $34K truck for $25,5k after trade in.

I got a 2013 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport. All I can say is I smile every time I get in and drive :)

:fantastic:

#3 ·
The TRD sports are really sporty looking. SHOW THEM PICS!

#8 ·
What did make you go for the tacoma? I admit the new headlights they put on it look sharp, i really like the tweaked front end, but i went for the frontier mainly because the seating comfort, boxed frame, and extra horsepower. Also nissan was much more willing to deal.

#19 ·
Me too cuz, yeah... a TuRD Taco just doesn't appeal to me. :)

#12 · (Edited)
I just got tired of the look of the newer frontier. I'm not saying it's not nice, and I know they have about 30 hp more, but the look of the Tacoma just won me over. It is fast enough for me and has enough power for me. I traded from a gen 1 haha...

I think the interior is nice, and the seats are comfortable. I'm only 5'9", so there is plenty of room for passengers in the back (when I'll have them). Working on pics. Back in a minute.

....and photobucket is performing "maintenance."

#20 ·
Just curious why you did not go with the long bed? Can you still get the long bed?

Nice looking ride. I think most every Nissan Owner has looked at the Toyota's as a close alternative. At least for me I did. In 2007 when I bought my truck Toyota was on my list but their truck with 4x4 and LB was so far out of my price range and Nissan did not have a LB in 2nd gen at the time. So I went with 1st gen and could not be happier. Just the other day my wife took the truck and I saw her coming in the driveway and she just look good in it. However, she hates driving it as it's too big. She thinks the 1st gen is sweet looking ride and she is not even close to being a car guru.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Hahahaha, yeah. I'm sure I'll still swing on through here sometimes and see what everyone is up to. I still like looking at all the off-roading pictures everyone takes and all that fun stuff! Frontier or Tacoma, I love it all!

#23 ·
I noticed not a flake of snow on ground. OKC evidently had as much of an Arctic blast that Tulsa was suppose to get. Schools cancelled, store shelves got emptied, people panic'd. Snowed for about an hour with 40 degree ground temperatures. Eventually you'll get to try out the 4WD.

#24 ·
Well, that storm decided to circumvent the Edmond area. We got a very light dusting, that's all. I was so upset! Didn't even get to shift it in 4wd.

I was hoping for some of the 21" that Woodward got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.