Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Fiberglass hoods

23K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  idlafie 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody looking for a fiberglass ram air hood for their 05 and up Frontier?
Like the one attached.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Some info for you guys

Here's an old thread he started a while back - Fiberglass Hoods

He was asking $429 plus shipping back then. I remember a few members bought them and gave good reviews but I don't remember who.

This is his website - Fiberglass Cowl Hoods Mini Trucks

#8 ·
I did my own using the Tacoma TRD hood scoop

90 bucks on ebay

428 seems fair but shipping gas got to be over the top

incluse painting? or is it primed

Attachments

#9 ·
My hoods are still 429.00, they come in a smooth gel-coat finish and are double skinned, so no rough glass on the underside, bolts to your factory hinges and closes to your factory latch ( no pins ), it weighs about 28 lbs. and the scoops mouth can be opened to force more air into the engine compartment.
All my hoods are guaranteed to fit, the time it takes to mount one of my hoods is really no differant than mounting a stock hood.
If someone wants to start a group buy that would be fine with me, the hoods would run 390.00 each, I'll need 4 orders min.

#14 ·
Interested.

#21 ·
scoop looks far better

open eyes

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
He makes scoops, I said his prices seem fair.... I happened to have recently just gone thru this and paid a bit more than he charges which sounds far from a ****.

Wow, somebody last week just sent me a private message stating that "zoom zoom is a cancerous tumor on this sight. And like magic, you appear....like finding a lump in my testicle. I never even noticed you.

Go fill your day with something more productive, like counting the cards in a deck to make sure theyre 52 of em.

Youre like that little fish in the aquarium that charges your finger when you tap the glass.

#23 ·
How much would shipping be to the west coast zip is 93535

#26 ·
#27 ·
My hoods are still 429.00, they come in a smooth gel-coat finish and are double skinned, so no rough glass on the underside, bolts to your factory hinges and closes to your factory latch ( no pins ), it weighs about 28 lbs. and the scoops mouth can be opened to force more air into the engine compartment.
All my hoods are guaranteed to fit, the time it takes to mount one of my hoods is really no differant than mounting a stock hood.
If someone wants to start a group buy that would be fine with me, the hoods would run 390.00 each, I'll need 4 orders min.
:crikey:

#39 ·
Welcome to Club Frontier..... Not sure if this is the same DansHoods that posted way back in 2015, but you might want to check out the attached Facebook page. If it is, then you might be in luck. Not sure if he's still in business though - last post was September 2021**

**no link or affiliation to this website / webpage. Just posting in response to a Club Frontier new member inquiry

#36 ·
Thats the best comment Ive seen in awhile. Im still laughing. Thank you for that.

Reactions: NCalFrontier
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.