Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Speaker wire colors?

55K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Hertz 
#1 ·
I am replacing my speakers in my 2001 CC. The speaker wire colors at the doors are different than the colors at the head unit wire harness. I am not sure which colors are positive/negative. Anyone know the answer?

#2 ·
it will work ether way, but one will sound significantly better. just lighty hold the ends with the radio on and playing, then touch the wires to the speaker , then alternate and see which one sounds better. ive done 7 vehicles all different from full size trucks to a lil suberu... theryre all different...

#4 ·
Here you go:)

2001 Nissan Frontier Truck Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue
Car Radio Ground Wire: Gray or Chassis
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Blue
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Red/Yellow
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Pink

Here is the link to where I got it
2001 Nissan Frontier Truck Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

#5 ·
Hi - I know this is a bit of an old post, but I am in the same quandry...

The wires listed above and on the site are the wire colors AT THE STEREO, not at the speakers.

Does anyone know which wire is positive and which is negative, AT THE SPEAKERS?

Thanks.

#6 ·
Well, obviously you're not simply getting Nissan speakers to replace these (that's what Nissan would like). Two or three weeks ago my daughter and I replaced the four door speakers in her '98 Pathfinder with Pioneer aftermarket ones. Of course the Nissan proprietary plug is useless for those unless one buys the corresponding receptacle adapter from Crutchfield or similar.

So my daughter soldered the wires to the new speakers onto the Nissan harness. We used the wire with the black stripe as the ground wire in each case (each speaker location), sounds fine.

I did similar in my 2004 Frontier King cab earlier in the year when I replaced its speakers. And about 4 years ago similar with my '98 Frontier regualr cab.

Note that on both 1998s that the speaker cone was no longer attached to the rim of the speaker, it had deteriorated that badly - so 6 out of 6 no longer connected to the rim. at least in the 2004 Frontier they were still connected.

#7 ·
why solider it to the pins? when you solider it it makes it useless for future nissan speakers? why not just cut before the plug then use the wire? thats what i did haha

#8 ·
Speaker-wire colors

Ok... So since I posted last, I got a little more information. The diagram I just posted/attached (not sure what this is going to do when I hit 'post' - lol) is for a 2000 Crew Cab. I believe this should be the same for all the 1st gen CC's. If not, I think at least it answers one question:

It would seem that the negative posts all get attached to the wires with a stripe and the solid wires to the positive post.

Only question remaining and I'll find that out when I get the speakers I ordered, is: How are the terminals marked on the aftermarket speakers?

Anyway, hope the diagram helps someone else...

Attachments

#11 ·
sorry for misspelling, anyways i didnt say there was nothing wong with soldering, just thought you were saying you soldered it to the plug, thinking why would you do that.... and soldering is not that big of a deal to call it art. i do it almost on the daily basis..... just like welding.... its not that big of a deal to call "art"

#12 ·
It's not really like welding at all to be honest. Brazing or braze welding, kind of. Do a little research. Soldering is not much of an art, it's actually pretty easy to solder two wires together. And it's far from lost, if you own any electronic devices at all you have an example of something soldered every day, tens (probably hundreds) of thousands of times at that. Also, look at the copper piping in your house, it's all soldered together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.